Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-08-2020, 03:14 PM   #41
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
"When Hot"??? They all high major D1 athletes. If any of them couldn't change the game on their best nights, why are they here? I said from get go to go after former 5* kids on transfer list. Coach gambled for full roster when we shouldve had high profile recruits coming in along with other recruits.
Are you serious??? How many high profile recruits (other than Jaevin) did we have a realistic shot at? Jaevin was down to us and Michigan as I recall. He was one of the top gets on the transfer market. Who was left when Brannen took over the job that we had any chance to get so late in the game? Be realistic and not pie in the sky.

Think it through. Brannen went for a full roster (as he stated) to give the seniors the best chance to have a great year. Not to rebuild. And who would want to rebuild on the scraps left on the market when Cronin left? And look at Vogt and Sorolla and Jaevin? Look at MAW? Harvey was one of the highest rated we could have asked for? All but Harvey are doing quite well.

WTF??
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:24 PM   #42
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
"When Hot"??? They all high major D1 athletes. If any of them couldn't change the game on their best nights, why are they here? I said from get go to go after former 5* kids on transfer list. Coach gambled for full roster when we shouldve had high profile recruits coming in along with other recruits.
What high profile recruits were available? I would love a list of these high profile recruits that were available. Some people seem to think there are 5 star recruits available year round waiting for a phone call. Not many of those guys. Even less when brannen got the job.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 01-08-2020 at 03:27 PM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 03:34 PM   #43
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Are you serious??? How many high profile recruits (other than Jaevin) did we have a realistic shot at? Jaevin was down to us and Michigan as I recall. He was one of the top gets on the transfer market. Who was left when Brannen took over the job that we had any chance to get so late in the game? Be realistic and not pie in the sky.

Think it through. Brannen went for a full roster (as he stated) to give the seniors the best chance to have a great year. Not to rebuild. And who would want to rebuild on the scraps left on the market when Cronin left? And look at Vogt and Sorolla and Jaevin? Look at MAW? Harvey was one of the highest rated we could have asked for? All but Harvey are doing quite well.

WTF??
I agree, Harvey and Jaevin were probably 2 of the highest rated guys left out there that we had a realistic shot at and we got both.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #44
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I agree, Harvey and Jaevin were probably 2 of the highest rated guys left out there that we had a realistic shot at and we got both.
And lets not forget the foresight to bring along Vogt and then to go get Sorolla. The exchange of MAW with Curtis? Most of his recruits have worked out better than expected. Many of us were lamenting his choice of bigs. His choice of recruits seem to be far from the problem other than the one obvious guy we all wanted to land in Harvey...which is still a work in progress after his injury.

Who has been a bust so far? Harvey? Is that it? He's the highest rated guy we have and still has loads of potential. Davenport right now is ho hum...but I think Brannen did very well all things considered. Davenport seems to be a UC lifer and I will take that. Harvey will get better.

I am excited about the new guys too!
Old 01-08-2020, 04:29 PM   #45
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
And lets not forget the foresight to bring along Vogt and then to go get Sorolla. The exchange of MAW with Curtis? Most of his recruits have worked out better than expected. Many of us were lamenting his choice of bigs. His choice of recruits seem to be far from the problem other than the one obvious guy we all wanted to land in Harvey...which is still a work in progress after his injury.

Who has been a bust so far? Harvey? Is that it? He's the highest rated guy we have and still has loads of potential. Davenport right now is ho hum...but I think Brannen did very well all things considered. Davenport seems to be a UC lifer and I will take that. Harvey will get better.

I am excited about the new guys too!
Most freshmen take a year or 2 to get going. Very small percentage come right in and make an impact. I think we are in very good shape going forward but no one knows for sure. I also think we good be decent next year. Everyone on the team will be use to the system and what brennen wants.
Old 06-14-2020, 11:35 PM   #46
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Viktor Lakhin 6'9" 18-yr from Russia

Rumors on Twitter are saying Brannen will be signing Viktor Lakhin, a 6'9", 210 pound, 18-year-old from Anapa, Russia. He played for U18 Russia, as well as CSKA Moscow Junior Team.

Looks like a project, but it's nice we are continuing to add some size. Size, youth, and coming to focus on hoops.

sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:13 AM   #47
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Viktor signs!

https://247sports.com/Article/Viktor...ti--148179584/
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:25 AM   #48
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
His composite is 137 on 247. If you want to look at the center position they have him right with Zach Loveday.

Doesn't sound too bad.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 07:58 AM   #49
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Congrats to the coaching staff on adding another prospect. I figure anyone halfway decent with size at this point is a plus. We have the scholarships and will be wanting experienced sophomores going into 2021-22. Brannen has basically signed a whole new team with five frosh coming in.

But…seven newcomers! Wow, that's a lot of new guys learning and buying into your system.

Since we just signed another new (sort of wirey) big guy, has Vogt confirmed if he's coming back? I figured Williams might wait longer to decide, but I'd like to know if the guy who likely knows the system best is returning to the team. We could use him to help teach the new players.

And as far as we know right now, DeJulius is going to need to sit out a year. I feel okay about Adams-Woods handling the point, but it'll be a bit more strained the following season if guys haven't sorted their rolls out.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 08:13 AM   #50
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
His composite is 137 on 247. If you want to look at the center position they have him right with Zach Loveday.

Doesn't sound too bad.
Not bad at all this late in the process to find that young big we were looking for. He can probably red shirt and put some muscle on. Nice fit