Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2016, 12:31 AM   #41
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Absolutely terrible comparisons Cobb was a starter for his two years here and cane Broome wil start both years he is here
Yeah, both as JRs. No chance Hicks would start as a JR when Clark and Washington (and Moore) are gone?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:35 AM   #42
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds513 View Post
Of course. Everyone knows that. Including him. Same is true for those other schools and it may be easier for him to get on the court. Every recruit wants something different in a school. You can't just deny that there could possibly be more playing time available at one of those schools. He's a 3 star player, not 5.
The guys we have here that he'd be competing with for PT aren't 5* either. I'm sure it'd be easier for him to get on the floor at Tulane...but again, that's the case for lots of players who don't choose crappy programs. If he can come to UC, I'm betting he does.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:37 AM   #43
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Absolutely terrible comparisons Cobb was a starter for his two years here and cane Broome wil start both years he is here
And also, those comparisons were more about guys not wanting to play for bad teams. It really is funny how hard you try to troll me. You don't ever have an original post of your own. What you "contribute" on this site is so easy.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:59 AM   #44
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
And also, those comparisons were more about guys not wanting to play for bad teams. It really is funny how hard you try to troll me. You don't ever have an original post of your own. What you "contribute" on this site is so easy.
Don't flatter yourself I just try to show the avg poster or are players that everyone on this site isn't an idiot.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:07 AM   #45
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Don't flatter yourself I just try to show the avg poster or are players that everyone on this site isn't an idiot.
Can we get MadMan on a spell check for this guy? I'd give you the benefit of the doubt and call it a typo, but that's twice now. And I'm the idiot. Good grief. Come up with an original thought of your own on UC or basketball in general sometime, and I'll show you how easy it is to respond the way you do to me. Pathetic.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:06 AM   #46
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
he's not doing a good job showing anyone that all posters aren't idiots, that's for sure.
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:37 AM   #47
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Realistically I think he gives us some needed size coming off the bench and some explosiveness that Moore doesn't offer. And that is all we need. Washington and Clark are going to get the majority of the minutes the next 2 seasons. If we can convince a kid to come here to be a part of a really good team, and embrace the role player off the bench their first couple years then great! Let's just hope we pitch him the benefit of making the NCAA and having guys like Gary and Washington ahead of him to help his development.
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 08:44 AM   #48
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatSpaniard513 View Post
Realistically I think he gives us some needed size coming off the bench and some explosiveness that Moore doesn't offer. And that is all we need. Washington and Clark are going to get the majority of the minutes the next 2 seasons. If we can convince a kid to come here to be a part of a really good team, and embrace the role player off the bench their first couple years then great! Let's just hope we pitch him the benefit of making the NCAA and having guys like Gary and Washington ahead of him to help his development.
I totally forgot about Brooks when I typed this...
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:43 AM   #49
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
I guess I'm confused why some think saying Playing Time is a factor in recruiting is an excuse. An excuse for what???? We are a good program that competes well in our league and makes the dance. The problem with this board is almost every thread turns into a debate about the effectiveness of our Coach. Playing Style, recruiting, personality and many others. If we don't land Hicks because he would rather play in a situation that affords him with a better opportunity to see the floor or any number of reasons that is up to him. I could list many factors that go into landing players. Here is a news flash for everyone we are not the 1960 bearcats and haven't been for awhile. We are not Huggins bearcats and haven't been for awhile. We are a good program that competes very hard who's players graduate and who generally stay out of trouble. We also are a program that has room for improvement. This is not a excuse, it is reality. In my opinion we do very well with what we have to offer in todays college athletics. I won't list what obstacles make up todays college game because its been done to death by many almost daily on here.

I mean really didn't this conversation start on the general recruiting thread.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 09:55 AM   #50
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I guess I'm confused why some think saying Playing Time is a factor in recruiting is an excuse. An excuse for what???? We are a good program that competes well in our league and makes the dance. The problem with this board is almost every thread turns into a debate about the effectiveness of our Coach. Playing Style, recruiting, personality and many others. If we don't land Hicks because he would rather play in a situation that affords him with a better opportunity to see the floor or any number of reasons that is up to him. I could list many factors that go into landing players. Here is a news flash for everyone we are not the 1960 bearcats and haven't been for awhile. We are not Huggins bearcats and haven't been for awhile. We are a good program that competes very hard who's players graduate and who generally stay out of trouble. We also are a program that has room for improvement. This is not a excuse, it is reality. In my opinion we do very well with what we have to offer in todays college athletics. I won't list what obstacles make up todays college game because its been done to death by many almost daily on here.

I mean really didn't this conversation start on the general recruiting thread.
BC WE ALSO HAVE PLAYING TIME TO OFFER. If a grad transfer PG turned us down for playing time reasons, yeah that makes sense. But for this specific case, it is not an issue. He will have every opportunity to get on the floor here. Why else would we be recruiting him this spring? Obviously the staff sees our frontcourt and realizes that minutes behind Clark and Washington are wide open. Hicks has just as good of a chance as anyone else to get them.