Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
This assumes Gary on the other block of course
I'd bring Jackson off the bench.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 08:44 PM   #112
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Awesome show. He explained how the players that played a lot in the game, they practice less the next day. Maybe they'll do yoga. The bench players that didn't play a lot the day before, they would practice harder. It was really interesting. I got to say, a lot of stuff he does seems really organized and makes total sense.

He also has said in the past, I think on a coaches that there's a former NBA referee at every practice calling fouls, pointing things out. That's pretty cool.

Last nt he said Diara didn't play in the game d/t injury, but he's fine and back.

I didn't catch the whole show, and I haven't heard yet: how is Cumberland?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:48 AM   #113
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Show tonight
Old 02-01-2018, 08:10 PM   #114
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Good show tonight.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:18 PM   #115
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Good show tonight.
What was talked about?
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #116
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
What was talked about?
Cronin was talking about how he can coach defense and give a scouting report, etc, but the offensive flow comes from the players themselves. He said this team does a good job of recognizing who needs the ball in what situations and that's pretty much why we won.

Talked about how much of a winner and gamer Cumberland is...if he keeps his diet and working out right he will be a great player. BUT he doesn't love the shooting drills and needs to fall in love with that aspect of things. Said he has tremendous defensive instincts.

When asked the most important thing the rest of the way he said Broome/Jenifer but basically the bench too.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:46 PM   #117
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Cronin was talking about how he can coach defense and give a scouting report, etc, but the offensive flow comes from the players themselves. He said this team does a good job of recognizing who needs the ball in what situations and that's pretty much why we won.

Talked about how much of a winner and gamer Cumberland is...if he keeps his diet and working out right he will be a great player. BUT he doesn't love the shooting drills and needs to fall in love with that aspect of things. Said he has tremendous defensive instincts.

When asked the most important thing the rest of the way he said Broome/Jenifer but basically the bench too.
I'll check out the PC but Cumberland's instincts are awesome. Even on O, I say give him touches, bc he will break a D down and wow I love how he flicks his wrists and throws the ball from 1 wing to the opposite wing it corner. Effortlessly. This moves the D.

Disappointed that he does not like to work on his shooting, but many players with natural talent are that way. He may find if he wants to get much better he's going to have to put in the time.

Yesterday, coach said that if he stays he'll be near a 2000 Point scorer. That was nice to hear. It gave me a little hint that the rumors about him maybe leaving after this year to make money for his mother were incorrect or he has matured and realized he is not ready.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 09:20 PM   #118
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Looks like the game just comes naturally to Cumberland.

I think Kyle is starting to make better decisions.

I still prefer Cane off the ball when we have Evans in. He's just not very good setting up the offense. We can get him the ball at the top of the key to make plays...but he's just not comfortable out there facilitating the offense. Jenifer does a better job with that. Cane is a play maker.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 03:37 PM   #119
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Show tonight

Anyone know if Dan is healthy?
Old 02-12-2018, 10:19 AM   #120
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

@Dan_Hoard
Another update on the @CoachCroninUC radio show. Terry Nelson is under the weather tonight so my guy Chuck Machock is coming off the bench! Join us at the original @MontgomeryInn_ at 8 pm #Bearcats. https://t.co/pSp416Qg20