Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #21
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
I'd be surprised if he leaves the state of Michigan and UM is the leader right now.

"Michigan stands in great position for Zettel, who now holds around 11 offers. He’s a Michigan fan, but is making sure that it’s the right fit. This has been the case with a few recruits already, and holds true with Zettel, as well. Anthony has said that he will commit to a school when he feels it’s right, and doesn’t have a set timeline. I would imagine this could drag out for a while, unless he gets that feeling. He’s been to Michigan plenty of times, so you’d have to imagine he’s waiting for the season to unfold, to see how Michigan performs. We’ll have to wait and see, but Michigan is still in good position here."

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/look-2011...offensive-line
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 03:22 PM   #22
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I don't see him leaving either.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #23
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Zettel has named a top six consisting of scUM, MSU, Iowa, State Penn, UCLA and Cincinnati.

Zettel has named a top six consisting of scUM, MSU, Iowa, State Penn, UCLA and Cincinnati.

I think UC is listed last for a reason.
Old 05-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #24
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
Anthony has narrowed down his list to a top six, which consists of Michigan, Iowa, Michigan State, UCLA, Cincinnati, and Penn State.

As I've said before, Anthony has told me he will commit when he feels it's right. He's similar to Brennen Beyer, that he is a Michigan fan, but just wants to make sure everything is right. I would be shocked if Anthony doesn't end up picking Michigan. There isn't a set timetable on his decision, so presumably it could happen at any time. He will be in Ann Arbor on May 21st, for the Big House BBQ. I don't think it will happen then, but you never know.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/tomvh-recruiting-update-510
Old 05-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #25
JasonS
Football Moderator

Best of 2011 in Michigan

4. West Branch Ogemaw Heights offensive/defensive lineman Anthony Zettel (uncommitted)
Physical line prospect that could play on either side of the ball in college. Zettel has a great chance of being an All-American-level recruit. He is easily a Rivals.com four-star prospect.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010051...igan----so-far
Old 05-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #26
JasonS
Football Moderator

West Branch Ogemaw Heights lineman Anthony Zettel is the most coveted lineman in the class of 2011. The 6-foot-4, 255-pound prospect has a high motor on the field and plays with an attitude. Zettel has said he grew up following the Wolverines, but he has also said he is open during the recruiting process. The battle for Zettel could be the most competive of the entire year between the Spartan and Wolverines. He would be a big prize for either program.

http://www.freep.com/article/2010052...r-these-locals
Old 05-25-2010, 02:48 AM   #27
swg
Epic Member

I saw recently that UC was in his top 6. But when it's at the bottom, does it really matter? Althogh I've seen speculation on boards that UC could be higher like 3 or 4.
Then again, 2nd place in this contest is a loser.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #28
swg
Epic Member

Michigan leads over MSU (at this time)

Offensive lineman Anthony Zettel (West Branch, Mich./Ogemaw Heights), one of the top prospects in the state of Michigan, seems likely to remain in state to play his college football and it looks like the battle between Michigan and Michigan State is going to go down to the wire.

Zettel attended Michigan's spring game on April 17 and Michigan State's spring contest the following weekend. He has scholarship offers from both schools as well as many others.

"I have 14 offers right now," Zettel said. "Penn State offered on Monday or Tuesday. They offered in writing."

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?...26id%3d5251008
Old 07-06-2010, 04:36 PM   #29
swg
Epic Member

One of the top uncommitted prospects in Michigan, offensive lineman Anthony Zettel (West Branch, Mich./Ogemaw Heights), has decided to wait it out before selecting a college.

"I'm not going to commit late in the summer," Zettel said. "I'll take it through at least the beginning of the [football] season. It could go longer. I'm thinking about taking some official visits."

The 6-foot-4, 260-pounder has over a dozen scholarship offers, but has narrowed his decision down to six schools. Zettel is still considering Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, Iowa, Cincinnati and UCLA.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/blog?...26id%3d5357341
Old 07-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #30
JasonS
Football Moderator

OL/DL Anthony Zettel is down to 247 lbs. and a 4.7 flat 40 time. Despite reports, he doesn't care which side he plays on.

From TomVH (Twitter)