Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2018, 10:16 AM   #561
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Nice Post Jake! Good to see Mick and the team getting some props from some of the past greats.
It really feels like all the former players are fully back in. Such a joy to see as a fan. The Bearcat Pride runs strong. Coach was talking about the UCF game and said Justin Jackson was there. And this is the most Justin Jackson thing ever, when the bus pulled up 2 hours before the game, Jackson was already standing outside the arena waiting for them. And he was telling Coach that he has to talk to the guys. I love it. Caupain was at that game too. And I think there were 3 guys who were out in California for the UCLA game. Was is K-Mart, Patterson, and Myrick? I don't remember. But between all of that, DerMarr and Parker being on the staff, it's a true blend of different eras of Bearcats all coming together and pulling in the same direction. If our All-American players who played for Huggins can jump all in and fully support this program and this team, how can any of our fans still be on the outside?
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 10:59 AM   #562
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It really feels like all the former players are fully back in. Such a joy to see as a fan. The Bearcat Pride runs strong. Coach was talking about the UCF game and said Justin Jackson was there. And this is the most Justin Jackson thing ever, when the bus pulled up 2 hours before the game, Jackson was already standing outside the arena waiting for them. And he was telling Coach that he has to talk to the guys. I love it. Caupain was at that game too. And I think there were 3 guys who were out in California for the UCLA game. Was is K-Mart, Patterson, and Myrick? I don't remember. But between all of that, DerMarr and Parker being on the staff, it's a true blend of different eras of Bearcats all coming together and pulling in the same direction. If our All-American players who played for Huggins can jump all in and fully support this program and this team, how can any of our fans still be on the outside?
Keep in mind, this tweet from Steve Logan most likely came in response to backlash to a tweet he sent out on Jan 11th.

Below is the tweet:

"It's A lot that,people don't know about when it comes to the retirement of the jerseys! If Huggs,was still there it would be different."

It was a bit critical of Mick's regime at UC and he then decided to say something nice about Mick.

He thinks his jersey should be retired. I personally don't think it should be but its whatever. Only 3 jerseys have been retired at UC and all went on to be successful in the NBA.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:10 AM   #563
Defense first

Defense first is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Keep in mind, this tweet from Steve Logan most likely came in response to backlash to a tweet he sent out on Jan 11th.

Below is the tweet:

"It's A lot that,people don't know about when it comes to the retirement of the jerseys! If Huggs,was still there it would be different."

It was a bit critical of Mick's regime at UC and he then decided to say something nice about Mick.

He thinks his jersey should be retired. I personally don't think it should be but its whatever. Only 3 jerseys have been retired at UC and all went on to be successful in the NBA.
Steve Logan was a stud. One of my all time favorites. All skill and not much physical tools, man could he score. No doubt his jersey should be retired.
Defense first is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:19 AM   #564
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defense first View Post
Steve Logan was a stud. One of my all time favorites. All skill and not much physical tools, man could he score. No doubt his jersey should be retired.
He's in the UC hall of fame, Im just not sure based on precedent, he should have his number retired.

I think if you retire his number, then you have to retire SK's as well though.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:23 AM   #565
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post

Below is the tweet:

I am not sure what Huggs still being here would have to do with Logan's jersey being retired. Cronin was not head coach. Fortson would have the first claim to a jersey retirement in the Huggs era IMO...and he came long before Logan.

Last edited by waterhead; 01-23-2018 at 11:32 AM.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:30 AM   #566
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I am not sure what Huggs still being here would have to do with Logan's jersey being retired. Cronin was not head coach. Fortson would have the first claim to a jersey retirement in the Huggs era IMO.
Kenyon and Oscar were National POY's. Not sure about Twyman. If we are going to include all the All Americans we need to get SK, Fortson, Logan etc but what does this have to do with Cronin? Two of those are Huggs era players and the one Cronin era player is not a retired jersey.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:34 AM   #567
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
I tend to side with more jerseys being retired than less. I'd retire Fortson, Logan, and SK. Clark is getting up there too but not yet.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 11:36 AM   #568
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Kenyon and Oscar were National POY's. Not sure about Twyman. If we are going to include all the All Americans we need to get SK, Fortson, Logan etc but what does this have to do with Cronin? Two of those are Huggs era players and the one Cronin era player is not a retired jersey.
And if we retire all the All American jerseys we have to go back and retire several players from the Jucker era. By the time we are done retiring numbers we will have few left to pick from...lol!
Old 01-23-2018, 12:49 PM   #569
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
And if we retire all the All American jerseys we have to go back and retire several players from the Jucker era. By the time we are done retiring numbers we will have few left to pick from...lol!
This is my thing, when does it end?

I just don’t think we need to get crazy on number retirements.

I’m not against Logan getting it by any means just think I’d rather have guys who birthed their career at UC and win on to have successful careers.

I’d love sk to be retired but his number is a number a lot of recruits might want. I dunno, I don’t care much about this issue. Not that huge of a deal to me
Old 01-23-2018, 12:51 PM   #570
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Also you could go with the UK approach and hang them in the arena but not retire them from the court