Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 01-03-2016, 06:47 PM   #61
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat Rob View Post
I get what your saying about cumberland, but he had a great summer season against some of the top talent so these numbers he's putting right now are no fluke I think he's that good. Looking at his sceadule I see he plays at moellar here in couple weeks I think I'm going to try to go see him play that one in person if I can get tickets(definitly rooting for Wilmington). Imo he will have a much bigger impact as a freshman than brooks...I could see him averaging ten or more in his first seaon
I agree that Cumberland will have more of a impact because he is going to be playing behind kj and should get some time at sf. It's going to be interesting when he's matched up against people who are as strong as he is because right now he can just muscle his way into points and next year he won't be able to nearly as much. That being said I think Brooks and Cumberland are good gets.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:12 PM   #62
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
I agree that Cumberland will have more of a impact because he is going to be playing behind kj and should get some time at sf. It's going to be interesting when he's matched up against people who are as strong as he is because right now he can just muscle his way into points and next year he won't be able to nearly as much. That being said I think Brooks and Cumberland are good gets.
He will not be playing behind kj.......
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 10:28 PM   #63
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
He will not be playing behind kj.......
Even if he is better which I think he is, mick Cronin starting a freshman over a senior isn't very likely, to at least start the season maybe as the season progresses, but id be shocked if kj doesn't start next year.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:57 AM   #64
jds513

jds513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Even if he is better which I think he is, mick Cronin starting a freshman over a senior isn't very likely, to at least start the season maybe as the season progresses, but id be shocked if kj doesn't start next year.
For the most part, Cronin doesn't start freshman because they just aren't better. Cumberland is better, and KJ has now made his role off the bench for three years. It's not that hard to tell KJ that he has to make that his role yet again for his senior year. I guarantee Cumberland is the starting shooting guard next year.
jds513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:04 AM   #65
mdchick
Epic Member

I guess we will have to see, but I don't want to ruin the nysier brooks thread by talking about kj and Cumberland so we will leave it at that.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:23 PM   #66
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
He was last up the court because he is getting defensive rebounds and his team pushes the ball up the court, he is the outlet passer, so that point is just dumb.

The person he was matched up against was Mohammed Bamba who is the best center prospect in the 2017 class extremely good looking player. When brooks was in the game he had 1 alley oop dunk over him other than that defensively I thought brooks did fine defending one of the best players in the country.

Brooks plays against the best players in the country every game and practices with them everyday he looks ready to play D1 college basketball right now, he's pretty mobile for a big man, he's a team player constantly giving his teammates high fives and is a good kid you want in your program.

Cumberland may be averaging 30ppg but he is playing against Ohio public school kids he isn't playing anywhere close to the talent of players brooks is playing against every game.
Moore played against best teams and players in country also. Even won a match up or two against towns.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:15 PM   #67
mdchick
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
Moore played against best teams and players in country also. Even won a match up or two against towns.
Hey played against towns twice, again he played public school basketball. Brooks plays prep basketball against teams That literally recruit kids all across the country to play on their basketball team and then play the best teams in the country every night. Moore played 2 games against towns who was the best player in the country and that's it. Moore played Public highschool basketball their is a HUGE difference.
Old 01-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #68
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
Saw the whole game he played. Towns dominates the game in all aspects. Quadri made a few shots from the outside that Towns wasn't guarding him and made a few free throws but it was a lottery pick vs. a good high school player.
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:43 PM   #69
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Who won the game?
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:45 PM   #70
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
Towns team won
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote