Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
Daniel Drake

Daniel Drake is on a distinguished road
If Patterson makes it in 2 years then would Wingfield make it in his one? He was very good. 16 pts, 9 rebs and 2 steals a game. Patterson with 14.8, 5.9. 1.7. The best Brannen did was 14 and 8. Not sure that one year gets you on there, but it is worth a mention.
Daniel Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #12
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
I'd prefer Pete Mickeal over Damon Flint on the second team. Sneaky Pete was a warrior on both sides of the court and one of my favorite Bearcat b-ball players of all time.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Drake View Post
If Patterson makes it in 2 years then would Wingfield make it in his one? He was very good. 16 pts, 9 rebs and 2 steals a game. Patterson with 14.8, 5.9. 1.7. The best Brannen did was 14 and 8. Not sure that one year gets you on there, but it is worth a mention.
For this thread, I thought NBA career would be more relevant than college carreer. Wingfield only played a few years and average around 3.7 points a game.

Top 5 in terms of scoring in the NBA would be:
1. Oscar Robertson
2. Jack Twyman
3. Nick Van Exel
4. Kenyon Martin
5. Ruben Patterson

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...?college=cincy
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:37 PM   #14
Daniel Drake

Daniel Drake is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdave View Post
For this thread, I thought NBA career would be more relevant than college carreer. Wingfield only played a few years and average around 3.7 points a game.

Top 5 in terms of scoring in the NBA would be:
1. Oscar Robertson
2. Jack Twyman
3. Nick Van Exel
4. Kenyon Martin
5. Ruben Patterson

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...?college=cincy
Dave, I was refering to the 90s list. Wouldn't ever put Wingfield in the ever list and I am not a huge fan of his off the court actions and could keep him off a list because of that also.
Daniel Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #15
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
I guess it would have helped if I looked at the entire thread and not just the title. My apologies.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #16
lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
Jack Twyman – Jack was one of the original go-to guys in the NBA. He and Wilt Chamberlin were the 1st players to average more than 30 pts a game back in 59-60. He scored more than 15,000 for his career made 6 All Star squads and is in the Hall of Fame.

“The Big O” Oscar Robertson - Possibly the greatest basketball player ever on any level. The only player to average a triple double for an entire season. I could go on but here in Cincy his stats are well documented. In todays world of Sportscenter highlights and in house experts shouting that “last nights game was the best game ever” players from bygone eras don’t get there due. My list within a list would put MJ, Magic, Oscar, and Bill Russell as the greatest ever with a really tough fight for the fifth spot.

Kenyon Martin – Ten years in and still going Martin has been a force on D since the day he entered the league. He’s been known for his outspoken and brash behavior but has usually backed it up with his play. The last few years have been a kind of resurgence for him and it shows with Denver making the playoffs both seasons.

Nick Van Exel – Nick the Quick is one of the most underrated players of his era in my opinion. Still showing the swagger he had at UC he was one of my favorite players to watch during his NBA career. He was an all star, scored 12,000 career points, is 6th alltime in 3pointers made, and played with a flashy style anybody would enjoy.YouTube has a couple great highlight reels if you’re interested.

This last spot is hard to fill. Corie Blount, Pat Cummings and Ruben Patterson all had long NBA careers but none was exactly a standout player. If I had to pick one it would be Cummings based on nothing other than he doesn’t have the offcourt issues of the other two. Of course Jason Maxiel has time to work his way into the conversation.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/shoutout...-5-uc-players/
I will go with Lance, Steve, little kenny , big dontonio, and Robert NBA Whaley in my group who could not play in the NBA for varios reasons
Old 05-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #17
lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
I will go with Lance, Steve, little kenny , big dontonio, and Robert NBA Whaley in my group who could not play in the NBA for varios reasons
sorry about not using spell check.