Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2010, 11:54 AM   #11
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Kyle has trained with Tim Williams, who has worked with several UC kickers and punters. Tim thinks Kyle is as good at punting as he is in kicking. Tim believes Kyle will receive offers before his senior year starts!

The bolded part is a bold statement. Very nice.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 05:59 PM   #12
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
We UC fans all know what a good punter/kicker can do for your team. Huber was a huge special teams asset for the Bearcats during their Orange Bowl run and Jake Rogers has really turned into a solid kicker with a big leg.

From watching the video, it is very evident this young man has a big leg and a lot of potential. Some coaches fall in the mode of not wanting to "waste" a scholarship on a kicker. I don't agree with that at all. If you find a good kicker, sign him up.

Also, you have to like that this young man is a good student as well. Can't get enough of those.
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #13
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Some coaches think if you win 2 out of the three areas (O, D, ST) then you stand to win the game, and I agree. Special teams is huge, and those who excel in it tend to have good records.
Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 AM   #14
ProudPoppa

ProudPoppa is on a distinguished road
It doesn't hurt UC that he's got family in the area that would love to see him play on a regular basis! We'll be spending a lot of time on the road next month seeing and being seen by many schools. Unfortunately, kickers and punters are usually the last to get offers. I only know of maybe 2 kickers and 2 punters that have each received 1 offer. Compare that to the big uglies that have a dozen or more each!

Funny, but the scoring leader on many teams is the kicker. Makes you wonder why they're not as highly recruited as any other player...
ProudPoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:14 AM   #15
swg
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudPoppa View Post
It doesn't hurt UC that he's got family in the area that would love to see him play on a regular basis! We'll be spending a lot of time on the road next month seeing and being seen by many schools. Unfortunately, kickers and punters are usually the last to get offers. I only know of maybe 2 kickers and 2 punters that have each received 1 offer. Compare that to the big uglies that have a dozen or more each!

Funny, but the scoring leader on many teams is the kicker. Makes you wonder why they're not as highly recruited as any other player...
Totally agree. A great punter and kicker are worth their weight in gold. How many teams are hurt during a game by bad punts, or have solid drives that end with zero points. Doesn't make sense that schools don't go after the top kickers early and often.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:32 PM   #16
ProudPoppa

Just got an update from my wife. She's with the boy at the Chris Sailer National Spring Event out in Vegas.

Yesterday, she called to let me know Kyle had some bad blisters on his feet that were causing him some real pain. She said kicking was more painfull than punting and his kick-offs and field goals suffered in today's competition rounds. However, he finished 3rd over all! He was only beat by 2 Junior College guys that are 2 years older than him! I guess with two back to back weekends with some great punting, I have to admit, the boy can punt!
Old 06-11-2010, 06:49 AM   #17
swg
Epic Member

UC kicking camp is today. Be interesting if Proud Pappa has any feedback from his time there.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #18
swg
Epic Member

Kyle Kristy has been traveling the United States for months displaying his kicking prowess. He has been ranked as one of the top kickers in the USA by several Kicking Schools and Camps Chris Sailer and Kohls kicking camps. After going to Louisiana State University for a kicking clinic LSU special teams coach (Joe Robinson) told Ken Christy in a phone conversation that LSU has found themselves a kicker from Indiana. A offer is being sent through Brownsburg HC Brett Comer. This is Kyle's first and probably not last. Congrats to Kyle and his family on all the time and hard work that has paid off in this SEC offer.

Tim Adams
www.gridirondigest.com
Old 06-23-2010, 03:07 PM   #19
swg
Epic Member

Quote:
Just got back from camps for IU, Ohio University and Cincinnati over the past couple days. Kyle spoke with all three head coaches after the camps, but none were sure what their kicker/punter needs would be for 2011. They have all asked us to be patient with them and they will be in touch later in the year.

LSU had "signed" a punter from the 2010 class. The kid had just moved to Louisiana (from Australia) prior to his senior year in high school. Yesterday, they found out that the NCAA Clearinghouse would not be authorizing him to play (I will assume his class transcript from Australia and Louisiana did not meet the NCAA minimum standards). I do feel bad for the kid, but rules are rules. Fortunately for Kyle, that made him that much more valuable to LSU! He has the potential, to start as a Freshman, and kick and punt for 4 years at a TOP SEC, D1 school! Kyle was told that he is under no immediate pressure to commit to LSU, but that they do want him on their team.
Quote:
We have 6 more camps in the next two weeks and then I think he'll be done till he takes an official visit.

To say I'm a ProudPoppa is an understatement! Any yes, it KYLE CHRISTY

www.gridirondigest.com
Old 06-25-2010, 10:48 AM   #20
ProudPoppa

Two + weeks of kicking camps is hard on the leg of the kicker, but it's also hard on the dad that gets him to those camps...

Yes, Kyle has received an offer from LSU. He received the offer the day before the UC camp. UC coaches know he has the offer and Kyle met with Coach Jones before we left UC. We were told that UC does not yet know if they will be in a position to make an offer, but that they plan on keeping in touch with Kyle throughout the fall.

After UC, Kyle kicked at MN, Northwestern, Iowa St., Iowa, Florida, and Boston College. He is now done with camps, and will get back to working with his HS team. Two or three teams have expressed continued interest in Kyle, but none but LSU have made an official offer.

While Kyle (and his family) expect to make a commitment before the start of his senior year, he (we) realize that schools will continue to contact him till signing day in February.