Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-12-2022, 06:45 PM   #1
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
2022-23 Open Thread

Interested to hear a certain poster's commentary on Paul McMillan's recent college commitment.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 07:53 PM   #2
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Interested to hear a certain poster's commentary on Paul McMillan's recent college commitment.
Sounds like he got a sweet NIL deal. Obviously there's a lot of money in NYC.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:45 PM   #3
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
2022-23 Open Thread

Quote:
All I got to say is congrats on local black kid getting full paid education. You guys show true colors. If I should Mckinney and Rayvon what fans have say about Paul, how would that look? Come on grow up.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 08:47 PM   #4
TheRealMick
Elite Member

When last time we had valedictorian on team?
Old 05-13-2022, 05:51 AM   #5
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
All I got to say is congrats on local black kid getting full paid education. You guys show true colors. If I should Mckinney and Rayvon what fans have say about Paul, how would that look? Come on grow up.
You made post after post over the past year about how this kid was a can't miss prospect (the best Cincinnati had to offer in years) and how Wes and the program were doomed if they passed on him.

I wanted to hear your insights on why he didn't end up at a high major program, yet alone a mid major program, but rather a very low major program that finished #342 out of 358 in KenPom last season.

I think the answer is pretty clear that it has little to do with the kid's basketball abilities or the great head on his shoulders, but rather the circus that has surrounded his recruitment and ultimately got all of his big offers pulled.

For the record, I still believe he can have a successful career.

It'll likely be heavily reliant on where he transfers to after 1 or 2 years in Newark, but I'm not writing the kid off in the least bit.

I recently met Lance Stephenson's former HS Principal through work and we talked in detail about the circumstances that led to Lance coming to Clifton.

I'm sure a lot of people thought Lance was a lost cause because he didn't end up at a blue blood, but here he is, still playing in the NBA at age 31.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Sounds like he got a sweet NIL deal. Obviously there's a lot of money in NYC.
Good for him if that's true.

I do know that NJIT basketball is as relevant to the NYC basketball scene as Covedale Middle School is as relevant to Cincy's, but if he's able to use the school/location as an asset to his branding then all the more power to him.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 06:46 PM   #6
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Dude stop paying for Chad word of mouth and get off your high horse and spend some time supporting youth sports. Kinda creepy how humans that you can't even stand are your source of entertainment. Paul SR got the top high school kids from city to help promote the hometown hero agenda for UC sports. He funded most of it out his own pockets! Does your Godfather Chad have AAU team or even support any from funds he make off kids? Whose the real criminal here? Chad or Paul Sr? Chad has ZERO relationship to players before they hit UC radar, yet charges creeps like you who players wouldn't even give you the time of day for info about them! Ask yourself why hasn't 247 gave ONE NIL deal yet? Chad is a criminal and you are a creep!
Old 05-13-2022, 06:50 PM   #7
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Idk Nolley NIL deal details but Paul has major NIL deal and was valedictorian. Instead of saying congrats to this human, Chad fan girls have justify paying for info instead of being cool enough get it for free, bash kid from city that's shown nothing but love and respect to UC. Im call it what it is. You guys are Good Ole Boys!
Old 05-14-2022, 06:25 PM   #8
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

How did Chad get into this conversation?
Old 05-14-2022, 06:28 PM   #9
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I do know that NJIT basketball is as relevant to the NYC basketball scene as Covedale Middle School is as relevant to Cincy's, but if he's able to use the school/location as an asset to his branding then all the more power to him.
All it takes is one person or company with money and an interest in the program. I'm sure there are plenty of alumni with a lot of money in NYC.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:49 AM   #10
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
What's with the name calling?

Someone just asked what people thought about the result of his recruitment.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote