Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2014 Recruiting Profiles
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2014, 11:31 AM   #121
xlax

xlax is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
I keep hearing west coast from people on this forum. Yes he is from the west coast however did we ever stop to think he wants to play elsewhere. Look almost every recruit wants to play in front of family but sometimes they want to see other parts of the country and get away from the pressures of home.
Being that he originally committed to a school close to home and only opened it up after they lost their coach I don't think it's all that surprising people aren't putting much stock in the "he's looking to get away" theory.
xlax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #122
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein
2014 SG Elijah Stewart (Westchester HS) will visit USC this weekend, source told @CBSSports. Cincinnati and Oklahoma State also in mix.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #123
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
He would be a good get, but my guess is they are telling him he would red shirt this year if they bring him in. Which IMO would be good for him, but no kid wants to hear that in recruiting.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:16 PM   #124
Grgbartell@yahoo.com

Grgbartell@yahoo.com is on a distinguished road
hope we land him. i'm not at all impressed with the video I've seen of Shreiner
Grgbartell@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #125
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno99 View Post
He would be a good get, but my guess is they are telling him he would red shirt this year if they bring him in. Which IMO would be good for him, but no kid wants to hear that in recruiting.
I really doubt they tell any prospective recruits that they will redshirt. I'm sure that isn't even discussed until basketball practices begin. Your right, no kid would want to hear that in recruiting. So why bring it up in the first place? That would be foolish.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:26 PM   #126
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucdave View Post
I really doubt they tell any prospective recruits that they will redshirt. In sure that isn't discussed until basketball practices begin. Your right, no kid would want to hear that in recruiting. So bring it up in the first place? That would be foolish.
absolutely right!!! If I'm a recruit I better be hearing they think i have to talent to come in and compete for PT from day 1. I hardly think a good recruiting speech would be we think you could earn some PT after a year as a red shirt.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:56 PM   #127
BearcatNation54

BearcatNation54 is on a distinguished road
I think he could take our team to the next level in the coming years with his scoring ability. I want him!
BearcatNation54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #128
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I really doubt they tell any prospective recruits that they will redshirt. I'm sure that isn't even discussed until basketball practices begin. Your right, no kid would want to hear that in recruiting. So why bring it up in the first place? That would be foolish.
Not to mention, who says he'd redshirt? We need a scoring wing right now. He is just that.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #129
Ryno99
Elite Member

Ryno99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I understand your thought makes sense, but it just isn't the case, think about the negative it would be to recruit a kid saying you're going to play then say well we wanted to Redshirt you all along. I know for a fact at times a red shirt is discussed in recruiting and I have it on pretty good info that it has been discussed with Stewart. It is the fair thing to do, and you sell it from other angles, it allows you to learn and be a better player in the long run which gives you a better shot at the NBA in the end.
Ryno99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:17 PM   #130
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryno99 View Post
I understand your thought makes sense, but it just isn't the case, think about the negative it would be to recruit a kid saying you're going to play then say well we wanted to Redshirt you all along. I know for a fact at times a red shirt is discussed in recruiting and I have it on pretty good info that it has been discussed with Stewart. It is the fair thing to do, and you sell it from other angles, it allows you to learn and be a better player in the long run which gives you a better shot at the NBA in the end.
Thinking back on some of the previous red shirts, it seems as though Mick allows the player to decide in the end. He might suggest it, but it comes down to what the player decides to do. I know it was that way with Morman as well as SK. I think Morman was thinking it over when he broke his foot in practice and the decision was made for him.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote