Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-05-2010, 07:10 AM   #1
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
2 Biggest Problems

1. Playing on the road

I said it before and still believe it, this team can not win on the road. We don't know how. I think Mick needs to change something in pregame or something! I honestly feel we can beat anyone at home but can't beat anyone on the road. USF is making me nervous.

2. Zone offense

It is sad. Why anyone would play anything other than a 2-3 is beyond me. Lance Stephenson is a non factor verse a zone. Cashmere is almost inneffective. We got good individuals who would be great in 1 on 1 games. Syracuse is going to be rough unless we figure something out or just get hot.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:27 AM   #2
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Here's where I just shake my head sometimes. Cashmere Wright at one point scored I think 6 straight points then after a time out he is on the bench. This team is not good enough offensively to sit someone who is hot and expect someone else to pick up the slack. And to not have your best 5 on the court as long as possible is ridiculous. If Born Ready is able to play minutes off the bench he should be able to start and play 25-30 mins.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #3
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Here's where I just shake my head sometimes. Cashmere Wright at one point scored I think 6 straight points then after a time out he is on the bench. This team is not good enough offensively to sit someone who is hot and expect someone else to pick up the slack. And to not have your best 5 on the court as long as possible is ridiculous. If Born Ready is able to play minutes off the bench he should be able to start and play 25-30 mins.
YES! Mick does this a lot. With Lance several times. I have no clue why.

Darnell Wilks is struggling by the way. I am not sure what he brings to the table.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I like Wilks, and I don't think he's being used properly. He doesn't even try to create, and to me, that's a coaching problem. DV didn't take one 2-point attempt? Why is that? Dixon should have been in the game, driving inside and dishing outside. ND executed a great offense against our D, we, however, did the exact opposite.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:00 AM   #5
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Regarding your first point. I've wondered if it has to do with the fact that they don't know how to win on the road. My point here is, the teams who win on the road know what it takes to win, and they go out and do it. With not too many wins on the road, maybe this team just doesn't have the "culture" of winning on the road. I don't know if I'm making any sense with that or not.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:13 AM   #6
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
Regarding your first point. I've wondered if it has to do with the fact that they don't know how to win on the road. My point here is, the teams who win on the road know what it takes to win, and they go out and do it. With not too many wins on the road, maybe this team just doesn't have the "culture" of winning on the road. I don't know if I'm making any sense with that or not.
Your not making any sense at all... To Mick Cronin and Deonta Vaughn.

We get what you saying and I agree.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #7
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Funny thing is we started the season with two wins on a neutral court. While not necessarily a "road environment," the wins came on the road nonetheless.

Our conference is a bitc* and you must bring it every night. We didn't bring it last night.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #8
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
No need to edit that phrase (for me at least). Our conference is that, and then some.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #9
ohioubearcat

ohioubearcat is on a distinguished road
Neutral court games are a different beast than road games. I dont even see them comparable. I dont think fans would be upset if we were more consistent on the road but honestly we haven't "brought it" at all on the road this year. That is the frustrating thing. Can't make the NCAA tournament without beating someone on the road all season.
ohioubearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:19 PM   #10
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
No need to edit that phrase (for me at least). Our conference is that, and then some.
Cool. I'm unsure what is acceptable and what is not.

As a Moderator, I didn't want to set the bar.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote