Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-26-2019, 03:16 PM   #31
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
How hell we end up with a bunch of unknown players at top 15 all time program? Best teams in country have highest turnover rate of players. I'm taking this team over team from 2yrs ago, this much better with skills players. Not to mention I believe all players just go naturally play better in this system and have more fun, so team chemistry shouldn't be problem at all. I'm looking forward to coach having 10 players play at least 10min game. This season if nothing else go be fun
Yeah this team is better than our 2 seed team with 2 NBA players and another great CBB player. Lmao
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:20 PM   #32
Union Bearcat

Union Bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
Yeah this team is better than our 2 seed team with 2 NBA players and another great CBB player. Lmao
Union Bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:30 PM   #33
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
How hell we end up with a bunch of unknown players at top 15 all time program? Best teams in country have highest turnover rate of players. I'm taking this team over team from 2yrs ago, this much better with skills players. Not to mention I believe all players just go naturally play better in this system and have more fun, so team chemistry shouldn't be problem at all. I'm looking forward to coach having 10 players play at least 10min game. This season if nothing else go be fun
If this team is so good on paper, why aren’t we ranked on most preseason rankings. And why aren’t we ranked high In Those ranking.
Preseason rankings are based on teams rosters, “on paper”. And before you say rankings don’t matter, which they don’t this early, you would think the best team we have had since Kenyon would be ranked by most people.

We are counting on mama, Moore, McNeal, prince, sorreal, and freshman to contribute. That is not a great team on paper. It’s just not.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 03:35 PM   #34
cincyguy13
Epic Member

I hope this team is great but on paper, it’s not that good. At least right now. It’s not even close to the best teams we have had over the years.
Old 06-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #35
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I hope this team is great but on paper, it’s not that good. At least right now. It’s not even close to the best teams we have had over the years.
On paper no. In theory anything is possible...lol. Just gotta hope Brannen is the real deal and that he can get the kids ready in time.

Just make the dance is all I am hoping for this year and playing better at the end of the season than the beginning.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 04:39 PM   #36
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
On paper no. In theory anything is possible...lol. Just gotta hope Brannen is the real deal and that he can get the kids ready in time.

Just make the dance is all I am hoping for this year and playing better at the end of the season than the beginning.
I’m like everyone. I think we can be good, and maybe brannen system can help these guys reach their potential. But on paper, outside of 3 starters, it’s not good. As far as anyone knows.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:24 PM   #37
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Would it have been any better if Cronin were still here?
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:33 PM   #38
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I’m like everyone. I think we can be good, and maybe brannen system can help these guys reach their potential. But on paper, outside of 3 starters, it’s not good. As far as anyone knows.
I hear you, but we’ve got Cumberland as a senior with a coach that will help put him in better position to be efficient. C2 hopefully replaces the 3 point shooting of Jenifer. Scott was putting things together last year and I’m excited about this year for him. Losing Brooks is a defensive hit, but dude was 7feet and hardly ever attacked the rim. A loss for sure, but if Brannen increases the shooting %’s then the loss of brooks is less since he was a great offensive rebounder. If Prince, Diarra, and any other newcomers give us what Broome did, this team could easily be better than last years. Have to see how it all plays out, lots of unknowns, but I’m excited.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:59 PM   #39
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
Would it have been any better if Cronin were still here?
If we are talking “on paper”, yes it would have been better. Would have probably only lost 2 players from a team that won the aac championship. Less unknown. Still some but less.

I think this team has more potential, but time will tell.
Old 06-27-2019, 05:40 AM   #40
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If we are talking “on paper”, yes it would have been better. Would have probably only lost 2 players from a team that won the aac championship. Less unknown. Still some but less.

I think this team has more potential, but time will tell.
This team going into this yr was a whole lot better and in better position before all the changes. Honestly the program is in more jeopardy right now than when Cronin was still here he ran a stable program that was honestly slightly but surely rising. Old players were starting to come back, their were ties to the regime, there was flow it was a program in every sense of the word essentially. Now thier are a lot of unknowns... And Brannnen has a better system maybe. He recuits and gets more out of his players maybe. He is a more character of a man and a better leader of young men, maybe. We'll just have to see, as far as this upcoming season I expect JC to go all out but hopefully not for himself too much. I feel a rise in Kieth Williams coming. I spoke with Tre Scott not too long ago and he said everything is fine and they will be alright, stating Brannnen is cool referencing how he recuirted him... Well that's all well and dandy. Tre Also said he's in the best shape of his life. This team at least has a big 3 in Tre, JC and Kieth. The bench will likely be Shakey... If they can still make the tournament at least, the yr will be a succes based off what's transpired. Haha like I said I really wanted to see Hardnett go to work would hope he's at least replaced before the start of the season
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote