Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
It is tough for me, I really like Gtown this year, but I also like Kansas. The only thing I don't like about Gtown is their Coach. He's a piece, no way he's a stud.

I think it's a real posibility of A10 getting 5 teams in, but I would think 4 is more realistic. However, the fact that 5 A10 teams are listed now as being in, and Dayton is on the next four out is pretty impressive for the A10. Much improved over last year. Although, last year starting leauge play they had a lot of teams who had some solid OOC results, but most of them ended up beating up on eachother. Resulting in only 3 invites. This year, seems like the top are beating who they should beat. If that trend continues, you never know.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #12
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Jerry Palm actually has 6 teams from the A-10.

Georgetown never EVER beats themselves. That is a quality that will be important in the Tournament.
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #13
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
What do you guys feel UCONN and Louisville situations right now? will they both be in- bubble teams or headed to the NIT.

I think we can all agree--UNC will have a great shot at winning the NIT? I would love to see them out of the tournament.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_217_Men.html
UC currently has 3 top 50 RPI wins(3-6) with a chance at 5, count them, 5 more. Syracuse,UConn,Nova,WV,GT. Possibly USF(#59). Just thought I would share--however, are top 50 RPI wins as big as they use to be for the committee?

Last edited by DontMissHim; 02-02-2010 at 05:32 PM.
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:27 PM   #14
catsfan32

catsfan32 will become famous soon enough
Louisville is definitely bubble as of right now. They just really lack a great win. I know they have a W over us but as of now we are definitely making it in over them because of two of their losses to WCU and Charlotte. UCONN and UNC are headed to the NIT unless they have a crazy turn-around or win their conf championship!
catsfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #15
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontMissHim View Post
What do you guys feel UCONN and Louisville situations right now? will they both be in- bubble teams or headed to the NIT.

I think we can all agree--UNC will have a great shot at winning the NIT? I would love to see them out of the tournament.

UC currently has 3 top 50 RPI wins(3-6) with a chance at 5, count them, 5 more. Syracuse,UConn,Nova,WV,GT. Possibly USF(#59). Just thought I would share--however, are top 50 RPI wins as big as they use to be for the committee?
Not only Top 50 but possibly 4 top 10 RPI teams!!!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:07 PM   #16
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Thats remarkable. While some people look at that and think the season is over, I think most UC fans would agree and look at that as a very big opportunity.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #17
Zympher#1

Zympher#1 is an unknown quantity at this point
UC does have a great chance to make a mark with a good end of the season run. However while they may have the talent at many positions to win these games, I think the coaching staff will find a way to blow a possibly tourney selection. While Cronin may be a good recruiter, that is it. He hasn't been able to develop Gates or anyone else for that matter.
Zympher#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 02:26 PM   #18
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zympher#1 View Post
UC does have a great chance to make a mark with a good end of the season run. However while they may have the talent at many positions to win these games, I think the coaching staff will find a way to blow a possibly tourney selection. While Cronin may be a good recruiter, that is it. He hasn't been able to develop Gates or anyone else for that matter.
Although I disagree that the coaching staff will mess it up I can see your point about not progressing. Yancy, although his production has GONE UP, from last year still has a ways to go.

I think the collapses at the end of the year are had much more to do with legs getting tired (Deonta) then Mick choking.

Mick does have a lot to prove this year come March.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:28 PM   #19
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

IMO if UC doesn't win some of the games down the stretch, it would not be considered a collapse this year. Last year, and maybe the year before I would have considered it a collapse, but this year the teams they are playing are some of the best the Big East has to offer. Losing to those teams wouldn't be a collapse.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:31 PM   #20
Zympher#1

Zympher#1 is an unknown quantity at this point
IMO if UC doesn't win some of the games down the stretch, as well as make the tournament, I feel like Cronin's gotta go. With the talent on this team, you need to make the tournament.
Zympher#1 is offline   Reply With Quote