Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Hang up the shoes?

With yet another miserable performance under our belts I see no way of an NCAA birth. I simply dont see where the wins are going to come at this point. So frustrating.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:57 PM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Like Hammer said "Schools in, sucka".

Not sure if we need the right kind of guys, or the right kind of coach. Something needs to change. It's bad on offense and defense.
Like Lumberjack (and where the hell did that name come from?) always says "You aren't going to win in the BE making 60 ppg.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:12 PM   #3
Bearcatshane09

Bearcatshane09 is on a distinguished road
I'd just wait until the last game to make any judgements. The league is a gauntlet. Did I think we'd be better by now? Yes. But they are 14-8 and 5-5 in the league. They can beat Marquette and Depaul. Hopefully they can grit 2-3 other wins out as well. Unlikely yes, but ya never know.
Bearcatshane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
ohioubearcat

ohioubearcat is on a distinguished road
Welllllll, luckily there are still a lot of games to be played but unfortunately I also do not know where the wins come from. I certainly don't see one on Sunday. I've told my fellow UC fans all season that the one game in the Big East we do not stand a chance is Cuse.

Heres to hoping for some big upsets in Feb/March and not another meltdown. Not sure where we go after this game....ugly on ALLLL accounts. Absolutely disgusting!
ohioubearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #5
TheFranchise

TheFranchise is on a distinguished road
I had my dancing shoes ready after Maui, but the season has only been a major letdown since then. Put them back in the closet.

All I can think about is Beasley, Walker, Mayo, Downey wearing the Jordan UC jerseys. Keep thinking, What if.
TheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #6
Not Guilty
Elite Member

Not Guilty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFranchise View Post
All I can think about is Beasley, Walker, Mayo, Downey wearing the Jordan UC jerseys. Keep thinking, What if.
First of all, Beasley and Mayo would not have come to UC if Huggins stayed.

Secondly, if Mayo would have come, we would have serious NCAA problems right now.

Thirdly, I don't really understand where this type of thinking gets you. I can understand being upset with the program right now, but even if Mick is fired, Huggins is not coming back to UC. Holding on to his memory really does no good when it comes to thinking about the current state of the program.
Not Guilty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:21 AM   #7
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatshane09 View Post
I'd just wait until the last game to make any judgements. The league is a gauntlet. Did I think we'd be better by now? Yes. But they are 14-8 and 5-5 in the league. They can beat Marquette and Depaul. Hopefully they can grit 2-3 other wins out as well. Unlikely yes, but ya never know.
I get this thinking, but where can they grit out 2-3 other wins? And I'm not so sure about Marquette, they have had some very close losses with some of the best the BE has to offer, which leads me to believe they can play with the best of them. There are other opportunities, but it certainly will be a battle.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:22 AM   #8
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
I know this mindset isn't good, but is UC now playing for a better seed in the Big East tourny, try to get a little easier path. No path is easy, but it I think UC may be playing for a seed in the BE tourny at this point.
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:48 AM   #9
Bearcatshane09

Bearcatshane09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
I get this thinking, but where can they grit out 2-3 other wins? And I'm not so sure about Marquette, they have had some very close losses with some of the best the BE has to offer, which leads me to believe they can play with the best of them. There are other opportunities, but it certainly will be a battle.
Idk man, I'm just an optimistic guy. Syracuse comes to the Shoe Sunday, on paper we don't matchup very well. But then you lace em' up and start playin' and it's 29-32 at the half...
Bearcatshane09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:15 AM   #10
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
On paper, Syracuse is going to make us look bad. I'm not sure how things will differ on the court. However, Mick's teams usually play good teams tough and lose to teams they have a solid chance of winning.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote