Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-05-2010, 11:05 AM   #11
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
With yet another miserable performance under our belts I see no way of an NCAA birth. I simply dont see where the wins are going to come at this point. So frustrating.
Easy there Chicken Little.

We have 4 games remaining against teams in the top 10. Anything can happen, especially considering we have 'Cuse and 'Nova at home.

While the ND loss is painful, it means we need to scratch a win where it wasn't expected.

I thought we would lose some games we were supposed to win and win some games we were supposed to lose. It's time to win some games.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:16 AM   #12
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
Greatest start to a post in the history of Bearcattalk, Im not sure the meaning yet, but classic.

Losing at ND was not a shock to me, but getting blown out in a VERY important game is not a good sign. While we have some games left, its going to be tough. We need to beat cuse or nova at this point, which for some ridiculous reason, which I cant notion, I can see that possibly happening. Time for this team and coach to step up.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #13
ohioubearcat

ohioubearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

We have 4 games remaining against teams in the top 10. Anything can happen, especially considering we have 'Cuse and 'Nova at home.

While the ND loss is painful, it means we need to scratch a win where it wasn't expected.

I thought we would lose some games we were supposed to win and win some games we were supposed to lose. It's time to win some games.
I dont understand that comment.....we are 3/4 of the way through the season. That is more than enough time to know what a team is or is not. This team simply isn't consistent enough to make a run for the tourney. If we struggle to beat mid to lower teams in the big east on the road I dont see us being able to win any of our upcoming road games.
ohioubearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #14
lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
Pathetic yet expected. Did not watch only to fast forward through the replay. Micks teams usually tank at the end of the year. It is coming. Need a coach , a different one. The name means cut down the weak links like Mick Cronin!
lumberjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #15
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
Pathetic yet expected. Did not watch only to fast forward through the replay. Micks teams usually tank at the end of the year. It is coming. Need a coach , a different one. The name means cut down the weak links like Mick Cronin!
Words of wisdom...Mick and Huggins were both known for tanking at the end. Mick just does it in the regular season.

BTW-I am currently available for the HC position. I'll probably have to include thegreatone, lumberjack, amongst others on my staff though, so I'm not sure how much better we would be than the current regime.
(Consider this thread hijacked-temporarily)
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #16
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by swg View Post
Words of wisdom...Mick and Huggins were both known for tanking at the end. Mick just does it in the regular season.

BTW-I am currently available for the HC position. I'll probably have to include thegreatone, lumberjack, amongst others on my staff though, so I'm not sure how much better we would be than the current regime.
(Consider this thread hijacked-temporarily)
lol i call recruiting coordinator on that staff!
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #17
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
You got it.

I'm guessing Lumberjack can pull a Kiffin and be in charge of the hostesses.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #18
adrock
Elite Member

adrock has a spectacular aura aboutadrock has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Greatest start to a post in the history of Bearcattalk, Im not sure the meaning yet, but classic.
Don't know if this was sarcasm, so I'm going to assume not. Here you go.

An excerpt:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
The Sky Is Falling, better known as Chicken Little is an old cumulative tale and fable about a chicken (or a hare in early versions) who believes the sky is falling. The phrase, "The sky is falling," has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent.
adrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #19
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioubearcat View Post
I dont understand that comment.....we are 3/4 of the way through the season. That is more than enough time to know what a team is or is not. This team simply isn't consistent enough to make a run for the tourney. If we struggle to beat mid to lower teams in the big east on the road I dont see us being able to win any of our upcoming road games.
We suck on the road. We are good at home. We are good on neutral courts.

The season isn't lost because we struggle to win on the road. Road wins are tough, especially in our conference.

However, we need to win our home games and steal a victory or two on the road.

Many "realists" thought it would be very tough to win at ND. I didn't "expected" a win. I thought we could win, but expected a loss.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #20
ohioubearcat

ohioubearcat is on a distinguished road
If we get blown out and look completely lost against a team that was in the lower half of the conference......not too sure how you can expect a win against tougher competition on the road. Hopefully we do steal one but the way this team has looked on the road CONSISTENTLY this year I dont see your basis to think they will play better. I would say "realist" know what this team is by now.
ohioubearcat is offline   Reply With Quote