Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Where Mick Fails

Mick does a lot of things right but something that has ALWAYS bothered me about him is the lack of getting into one of his players faces.

Mainly Lance and Yancy. It seems (I dont know obviously) that he is afraid to lay into lance. He baby's these two.

Huggs, Frank Martin, and Andy wouldn't do that I know that.

Im still on board. But has anyone else noticed this?
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Mick does a lot of things right but something that has ALWAYS bothered me about him is the lack of getting into one of his players faces.

Mainly Lance and Yancy. It seems (I dont know obviously) that he is afraid to lay into lance. He baby's these two.

Huggs, Frank Martin, and Andy wouldn't do that I know that.

Im still on board. But has anyone else noticed this?
If mick stays at UC, which there is no way they can afford to dump him. He needs to dump his worthless assistant coaches and get someone in here that will do just that.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
If mick stays at UC, which there is no way they can afford to dump him. He needs to dump his worthless assistant coaches and get someone in here that will do just that.
No joke. Do you think Mick's physical appearence limits his ability to be intimidating. Huggs and Frank Martin are big dudes. Mick literally could not get into Yancy or Lance's face.

BS on UC can't afford it. If the boosters want him out they will get the money.

Let's wait until after the year to judge Mick and if we want him back.

UC has A LOT of chances to prove themselves. That is the good news.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:18 AM   #4
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
The only good thing I can see coming from LS struggling is that perhaps he might stay another year to improve. Yes, the NBA drafts potential, but he would definitely benefit monetarily by staying another year and moving up the draft board.
Aside from that, I guess the UC players having another year of experience SHOULD help the team improve next year.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #5
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Lance's perimeter game is well below average.

His game is not ready for the NBA, but that doesn't mean he'll be in Clifton next year.

Either way, the loss of DV won't have much of an impact on this team, IMO. If Lance returns, we'll be better next year.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:13 AM   #6
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
I agree. Assistant coaches are pretty important in DI bball and the ones we have are awful. Way to get us prepared fellas.
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
ohioubearcat

ohioubearcat is on a distinguished road
I agree with the above statements. Mick for whatever reasons seems to have a passive aggressive way about him. He rules with an iron fist (pulls people after one mistake) but yet never yells or gets in their face.

I hate that we always resort back to what Huggs did bc he isn't here anymore and isn't coming back but when he pulled someone he let them know why. If it wasn't right when they walked by him, he made sure he found them on the bench after and let them know what he was feeling lol.

Not sure what holds Mick back but you wonder if his players respect him. It seems like they dont care at all when they get pulled and almost smirk at it. I just wish his teams had more fight and urgency. The complancey and lack of desire for this team can drive you crazy. Not sure where the blame falls. I subscribe to the theory that teams act and play how they are led.
ohioubearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #8
lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
Its tough to get into faces when your at ankles and knee caps. They don't keep their brains at that level. If he could only get to butt level. "Timber"
lumberjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #9
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumberjack View Post
Its tough to get into faces when your at ankles and knee caps. They don't keep their brains at that level. If he could only get to butt level. "Timber"
You joke, but I really think that has a lot to do with it.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
ohioubearcat

ohioubearcat is on a distinguished road
There is a little something to the "Napolean Syndrome" but Im not exactly sure that is it. I think he's trying to sell that he's a players coach to recruits. He wants to be seen as a mentor rather than a dictator.
ohioubearcat is offline   Reply With Quote