Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-06-2010, 07:02 AM   #1
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Bearcats could miss NCAA Tourney

With eight games to go in the regular season, it hasn’t worked out that way. The Bearcats (14-8 overall, 5-5 Big East) have blown big leads and lost games they could have won.

“I thought we were going to make a lot of noise in the Big East,” said junior guard Larry Davis. “I don’t know what happened. We’ve got good team chemistry. We talk to each other, hang out with each other. I don’t know what’s going on.”

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...uld+miss+NCAAs
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:19 AM   #2
lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
Larry davis is not the only one.
lumberjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
ohioubearcat

ohioubearcat is on a distinguished road
How do you guys feel about Mick's tone in the article? Seems like hes throwing his players under the bus publicly. Isn't it the coaches job to protect his players and take the brunt of criticism? Seems like if I were the coach I would keep the criticism in house and not subject 18-21 year old kids to this.

Also didn't see him mention anything about his lackluster performances. I really want to like Mick he just doesn't give me much to like....
ohioubearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #4
catsfan32

catsfan32 will become famous soon enough
Maybe he needs to be more vocal and start calling out his players. They sure as hell seem to need some kind of motivation. I am still in the boat that the players looked utterly lost out there and its not 100% Mick's fault. I mean these guys have been playing for 22 games now and are still getting burnt on backdoors constantly, lose their men defensively and allow easy shots, and have some of the worst turnovers I have seen in collegiate athletes. And its not because of the defensive scheme, they simply make boneheaded players over and over again. IMO these players are really letting us as a fanbase down with their intensity and I feel like they are painting Mick in a very bad light when I think he is a decent coach. I mean come on did anyone see DV play an absolutely horrendous game defensively against ND and make silly freshman turnovers? I am convinced the only thing this team is lacking is upperclassmen leadership. They have a lot of talent, but no one to guide them ON THE FLOOR!
catsfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:52 PM   #5
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioubearcat View Post
How do you guys feel about Mick's tone in the article? Seems like hes throwing his players under the bus publicly. Isn't it the coaches job to protect his players and take the brunt of criticism? Seems like if I were the coach I would keep the criticism in house and not subject 18-21 year old kids to this.
That's the last thing Mick would do. One of my only problems with Mick is him consistently putting blame upon others. He is the King of excuses, it's a joke. If its not about a player or refs, it's that the league is just so hard. We get it, but at what point does he have to look at himself?
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:20 PM   #6
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:

Also didn't see him mention anything about his lackluster performances. I really want to like Mick he just doesn't give me much to like....
That's b/c you didn't like him from the start. Right?
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:32 PM   #7
ohioubearcat

Was and still am indifferent towards Mick. He does some things that I really like and think he can write the ship (mainly recruit). Just cant get over how his teams play. This is his 4th year as coach and while he might not have the talent that he wants here....he has had more than enough time to put in his system and coach these kids.

Last edited by BearcatAlum1; 02-06-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Was and still am indifferent towards Mick. He does some things that I really like and think he can write the ship (mainly recruit). Just cant get over how his teams play. This is his 4th year as coach and while he might not have the talent that he wants here....he has had more than enough time to put in his system and coach these kids.
It's "right" the ship.

The timing of implementing a system is subjective but I can buy your argument.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:17 PM   #9
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
UC wont make the tourney...
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #10
ohioubearcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
It's "right" the ship.

The timing of implementing a system is subjective but I can buy your argument.
Thanks for correcting the grammar mistake.