Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-11-2017, 07:12 AM   #91
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I’m worried about the AAC. Smu looks like garbage
First game...they started out slow..outplayed UMBC by 18 in 2nd half - they'll be fine
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:14 AM   #92
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
First game...they started out slow..outplayed UMBC by 18 in 2nd half - they'll be fine
Milton's stat line was pretty nice looking.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 08:56 AM   #93
Garybearcat

Garybearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Tacko Fall wasn’t in the box scores for ucf
I noticed this also. I assumed he didn’t play when I looked at final score being so high. No mention of why he didn’t play.
Garybearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:41 AM   #94
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
No they just don’t look at all good to me. Defense was whack and even with a deeper team they play slow ass hell on offense. Slow offense works when you have 4 pros.

And they had very little rim protection

Just thought their defense last year was elite, and this year it will be lucky to be good

Last edited by justinhub2003; 11-11-2017 at 10:46 AM.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 11:40 AM   #95
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garybearcat View Post
I noticed this also. I assumed he didn’t play when I looked at final score being so high. No mention of why he didn’t play.
He was injured. Not sure of the time table with his return.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #96
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
UCF lost BJ Taylor to a broken foot. Man. They are done. That is rough. Losing him and Dawkins and Fall supposedly out a few weeks. I had them as a tournament team 3 weeks ago.

Watched the SMU game and they aren’t very good. They lost 3 of their 4 best players. Don’t have much post D and Whitt can’t really shoot. stop Milton and you beat them easily

Fu**^n Tulsa

Houston has good guard play. Especially once Gray comes back next game. Not a threat tho

Wonder how long Adams will be suspended. Heard he was charged with a misdemeanor and has to appear in court? Idk. Twitter

Wichita State looked really good. Really hope we play our best game when they come here. Can’t make any errors that game.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:32 PM   #97
MylesFoxMorrisey

MylesFoxMorrisey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
UCF lost BJ Taylor to a broken foot. Man. They are done. That is rough. Losing him and Dawkins and Fall supposedly out a few weeks. I had them as a tournament team 3 weeks ago.

Watched the SMU game and they aren’t very good. They lost 3 of their 4 best players. Don’t have much post D and Whitt can’t really shoot. stop Milton and you beat them easily

Fu**^n Tulsa

Houston has good guard play. Especially once Gray comes back next game. Not a threat tho

Wonder how long Adams will be suspended. Heard he was charged with a misdemeanor and has to appear in court? Idk. Twitter

Wichita State looked really good. Really hope we play our best game when they come here. Can’t make any errors that game.
That sucks for UCF/Taylor. If injury is similar to Landry Shamet's I guess you're looking at recovery time of about 3 months. So mid-February at the earliest.
MylesFoxMorrisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 02:48 PM   #98
MylesFoxMorrisey

MylesFoxMorrisey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I’m worried about the AAC. Smu looks like garbage
Keep in mind SMU is likely going to add USF transfer Jahmal McMurray in December, which will give them a heck of a backcourt
MylesFoxMorrisey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:38 PM   #99
SMOOfan98

SMOOfan98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MylesFoxMorrisey View Post
Keep in mind SMU is likely going to add USF transfer Jahmal McMurray in December, which will give them a heck of a backcourt
We looked awful in the first half. Beat them 40-22 in the 2nd half (pretty good D). Our D struggled in the 1st half when Whitt and Gu missed 10mins each with foul trouble and we had to play 2 frosh guards. We are still a good defensive team, but until McMurray is eligible we don't have the big time offensive firepower besides Shake, Jarrey, and maybe the freshman Chargois.

We also played without Akoy Agau who will be our starting big man when he comes back next week from his knee infection. We only return 3 rotation players from last year it will take time to find our full groove. We weren't deep last night only had 8. Shoot we started 4-3 last year before we got going.

Last edited by SMOOfan98; 11-11-2017 at 10:43 PM.
SMOOfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:52 PM   #100
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
SMU is up 4 at the half to UL Monroe.

Also getting out rebounded.

With BJ Taylor's injury and their weak Non conference schedule, the AAC is at real risk of being a tough league that still only gets 2 teams in.

Need SMU, Temple, UCONN & Houston to hold its own in the non conference. Tulsa should be kicked out of the league for losing to Lamar
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote