Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #1001
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Iowa State up 52-49 at under 12 timeout. This would be a monumental win.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:34 PM   #1002
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Crazy day of two undefeated teams fall
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #1003
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Last two offensive possessionso for ISU where terrible. Did absolutely nothing for 25 seconds then took bad shots.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:50 PM   #1004
juckerrules
Elite Member

juckerrules is on a distinguished road
Iowa St. this year is like UC last year, losing all the close games - lost by 2 to Gonzaga, by 1 to UC in OT, to Baylor in last few seconds
juckerrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:52 PM   #1005
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Iowa St. this year is like UC last year, losing all the close games - lost by 2 to Gonzaga, by 1 to UC in OT, to Baylor in last few seconds
Pretty encouraging that they can play it that close on the road though. I was having doubts about them making the tournament.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:19 AM   #1006
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
The ending to Iowa State was awful. You could tell they wanted to get the ball to Burton, but he was too busy trying to set a screen for someone instead of positioning himself to get the ball. Once Morris saw Burton had no intention to even try and get the ball, he then tried getting to the hoop throwing up an iffy shot at the buzzer. Thats what they came up with after a time out?
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:57 AM   #1007
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
The ending to Iowa State was awful. You could tell they wanted to get the ball to Burton, but he was too busy trying to set a screen for someone instead of positioning himself to get the ball. Once Morris saw Burton had no intention to even try and get the ball, he then tried getting to the hoop throwing up an iffy shot at the buzzer. Thats what they came up with after a time out?
Their final 3 possessions were awful. The two before the final one, they literally stayed above the 3 point line and settled for a terrible shot. (I know we all can relate) The final possession was just what you said. Just bad.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:02 AM   #1008
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
I think we can truly say after watching all these college bball teams, we can compete with anyone. I think 1-60 there's not much separation. Just keep winning and good things will happen. We cant control the conference we are in right now. It is what it is, but lets just take care of business. We need to position ourselves for a top 4 seed to make it easier on us. This Saturday is huge.

We have been in every game. We lost to Butler by 10, the number 1 team lost to Butler by 8. We beat ISU at ISU, ISU lost to the number 4 team by 2. I mean we can do this all day, but it just shows you how even the playing field is.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 06:17 PM   #1009
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
http://www.midmajormadness.com/2017/...gies-umkc-roos

Found this article kind of funny. I was reading it bc I was at that game last night. A couple interesting quotes from the New Mexico State coach:

“Part of the reason Braxton [Huggins] and even Sidy [N’Dir] started playing more was when we started looking at the numbers we realized good things were happening when they were on the court,” he said after the UMKC win. “And that’s really what it comes down to for me. I’m not here to play somebody I like more or want them to feel good. I just want to play the best guys that help us win the game.”

“We have to find a way to get the possession count up and not get stuck in a 54-52 game, where a bad call, or a missed layup, or missed free throw, or made three-point prayer or whatever happens to go down can lose you a game,” he said. “My job is to try and utilize our talent as best we can, and that’s playing our depth, playing up and down and getting the possession count as high as we can so our players can show who we are.”
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 02:03 PM   #1010
UCalum08
Epic Member

Penn St with a nice win over Mich St. They look like a different team compared to the one we faced in Nov.