Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-19-2019, 08:22 AM   #1061
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Uhhhh what is vogts skill though? People say mick played cave man basketball and yet here we are with Vogt who can’t hit a shot that’s not two feet or closer.

This is not the modern basketball player we were sold on.

So yea, to me he just seems unathletic and also unskilled. My guess is he clogs the paint all year.

I

it is a skill to score 2 feet from the basket though. we know this because we've seen guys that could not do it, and nsoseme was one of those guys.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:28 AM   #1062
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
it is a skill to score 2 feet from the basket though. we know this because we've seen guys that could not do it, and nsoseme was one of those guys.
Yeah m, this isn’t an exciting singing but if the coaches can work their magic, this kid is 7’1” and will have the opportunity to contribute.

Same type of big Mick has brought into the program for years. So no idea why even those that are having a very tough time letting go of Mick are upset. This is exactly what Mick did. Take a chance in kids with height. And or coach has experience with him. If he didn’t think he’d be able to contribute he had his opportunity to walk away from the kid.

This is a solid program kid. Hopefully the star recruits come in 2020.

It would be really refreshing if those that are hurt by their guy leaving them would try and not make everything negative. There is a difference between honesty and being a realist and being someone that is just completely negative about everything.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 08:38 AM   #1063
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Yeah m, this isn’t an exciting singing but if the coaches can work their magic, this kid is 7’1” and will have the opportunity to contribute.

Same type of big Mick has brought into the program for years. So no idea why even those that are having a very tough time letting go of Mick are upset. This is exactly what Mick did. Take a chance in kids with height. And or coach has experience with him. If he didn’t think he’d be able to contribute he had his opportunity to walk away from the kid.

It would be really refreshing if those that are hurt by their guy leaving them would try and not make everything negative. There is a difference between honesty and being a realist and being someone that is just completely negative about everything.

im not really thrilled about the signing either. as i said before it was announced if it was him i was going to go cry.

but i also realize he's not really a lower caliber player than a lot of the guys mick was bringing in himself. wasn't happy with those guys, not happy now, but you gotta do something this late in the game and we have a bunch of scholarships.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #1064
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Dude is gonna get ate up in a pick and roll... So Johnson is gone, Nsoseme is gone and ppl actually think coach brannen is somehow gonna win the next 3yrs and be able to recuit at a high level when he's showing us right now he can't even recuit and sell the players who are already here?.. for this upcoming season I forcast Kieth Williams getting all kind of shots off that's literally the only reason he has stayed at this point. Nsoseme was a menace on the boards and could defend a pick and roll. A lot of the guys on the roster we're apart of successful UC teams but ppl keep talking about UC recuits like they've been bottom of the conf trash. There's recuriting talent known and unknown n then theres the guys that recurit complete duds both ways as well so we'll see what kind Brannen recruits this one is a bad sign... Dude can't even run the floor but we're supposed to be holding our breaths for 3yrs praying for Vogt to see the light when all Brannen had to do was sell nsoseme and Brooks... This guy has compromised his job and the state of the program in just his 5wks on the job. The writing is on the wall. And watch what Cronin does with more talent. More offensive guys that just need that defensive push. If he made that run it was a shoe in those guys would of be showing up here but he'll what does anybody know
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:36 AM   #1065
HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey is on a distinguished road
What am I missing ,who cares who stays who leaves. When Mick took over the whole team left. Mick must suck he couldn't recruit any of those guys to stay except for the naia transfer. He came from a crap school too. You love Mick who went through same crap. Somehow Brannen has compromised the program. You jumpers need to stay off when the program far exceeds the one Sweet Sixteen appearance in 13 years. You Mick die hards seem to have forgotten the past. I'll take a chance on any coach to get out of the Marvin Lewisesque run of mediocrity we've been dealing with the last 13 years.

Last edited by HongKongPhooey; 05-19-2019 at 11:44 AM.
HongKongPhooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:53 AM   #1066
bearcat1518

bearcat1518 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by HongKongPhooey View Post
What am I missing ,who cares who stays who leaves. When Mick took over the whole team left. Mick must suck he couldn't recruit any of those guys to stay except for the naia transfer. He came from a crap school too. You love Mick who went through same crap. Somehow Brannen has compromised the program. You jumpers need to stay off when the program far exceeds the one Sweet Sixteen appearance in 13 years. You Mick die hards seem to have forgotten the past. I'll take a chance on any coach to get out of the Marvin Lewisesque run of mediocrity we've been dealing with the last 13 years.
This x 100! Thank you!!
bearcat1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:17 PM   #1067
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Nice to have you on board.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:43 PM   #1068
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I believe he has to sit out this year. We supposedly have a really good strength coach. I think he could compete for starting spot his senior year for sure maybe in junior year if he has to sit.
Huge difference between being strong and tough.

Rehfedt will make him strong but no one can make him tough
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:51 PM   #1069
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post

What ?

Tell me one thing that Brannen has done that people should feel absolutely great about?

The staff is meh
The recruits are meh
The retaining of our roster is meh

I can stop making everything negative as long as some people on this board stop making it seems like JB is Jesus Christ. I mean if we signed a literally walking talking and breathing turd with arms and legs, people on this board would say... well I trust JB and I think he will be good and then will compare him to Cronin recruits.

I’m a skeptic. After the press conference, I was ready to jump all in on JB. But then, a series of bad news hit and very little good news to replace it.

I mean people are acting like Davenport is the next Jacob Evans. And Chris Vogt is a towering beast of a man that will save our program.

I just wonder if CJB doesn’t respect the AAC and thinks we can win with anyone in that league.

CJB may not like rock fights. But in our conference, we’re kinda all in on Rock fights. He better get some tough and athletic dudes
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:29 PM   #1070
HongKongPhooey

HongKongPhooey is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
What ?

Tell me one thing that Brannen has done that people should feel absolutely great about?

The staff is meh
The recruits are meh
The retaining of our roster is meh

I can stop making everything negative as long as some people on this board stop making it seems like JB is Jesus Christ. I mean if we signed a literally walking talking and breathing turd with arms and legs, people on this board would say... well I trust JB and I think he will be good and then will compare him to Cronin recruits.

I’m a skeptic. After the press conference, I was ready to jump all in on JB. But then, a series of bad news hit and very little good news to replace it.

I mean people are acting like Davenport is the next Jacob Evans. And Chris Vogt is a towering beast of a man that will save our program.

I just wonder if CJB doesn’t respect the AAC and thinks we can win with anyone in that league.

CJB may not like rock fights. But in our conference, we’re kinda all in on Rock fights. He better get some tough and athletic dudes
Cronin sucked at developing players his best players were the same guys as freshman and Juniors and Seniors. Their numbers went up because their minutes went up. Marginal improvements in efficient at best, with many actually decreasing. Brannen took over a team that wasn't a full member of d1 until his second year and made nit once NCAA twice won conference twice and conference tourney twice in the first three years of his school being a full member of d1. He coached a player to a top 50 per last year, the guy Vogt backed up, no Bearcat had a top 100 per. He has essentially accomplished in three years what Mick did in thirteen years at a much more difficult place to do it. You should sign up for bruintalk with the rest of the jumpers.

Last edited by HongKongPhooey; 05-19-2019 at 01:33 PM.
HongKongPhooey is offline   Reply With Quote