Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-23-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
KJ's#1Supporter

KJ's#1Supporter is on a distinguished road
Coreontae DeBerry

I see him as a major contributor next year. He is going to continue to improve, the more he learns to assert himself. He took a HUGE step in that direction during the tournament imo. His conditioning and his feet are the only things holding him back. He has good touch, and can be surprisingly agile at times. He proved to himself that he can hang with anyone. Purdue and Kentucky definitely don't have slouches for big men. The more reps he gets against guys at a high level, the better we'll see him get. He will have a lot to do with our team success next year imo.
KJ's#1Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:19 PM   #2
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ's#1Supporter View Post
His conditioning and his feet are the only things holding him back.

Ellis and Clark are the things holding him back. Those guys are going to get 30 minutes each because they do so much on both ends.

They also don't seem to want to play Ellis and DeBerry together unless they are forced to. I'm not sure why that is.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:27 PM   #3
KJ's#1Supporter

KJ's#1Supporter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Ellis and Clark are the things holding him back. Those guys are going to get 30 minutes each because they do so much on both ends.

They also don't seem to want to play Ellis and DeBerry together unless they are forced to. I'm not sure why that is.
After watching the tournament, it does seem like DeBerry and Ellis should play together more. We could be pounding some AAC teams with that combo.
KJ's#1Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 02:59 PM   #4
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ's#1Supporter View Post
After watching the tournament, it does seem like DeBerry and Ellis should play together more. We could be pounding some AAC teams with that combo.
Would've been seeded higher if we made that move during conference play
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:16 PM   #5
zako365

zako365 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
Would've been seeded higher if we made that move during conference play
And not play Gary Clark?? I Deberry will be a solid guy who can give us quality minutes off the bench, but I would be surprised if he sees more then 20-25 minutes a game next season.
zako365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:19 PM   #6
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zako365 View Post
And not play Gary Clark?? I Deberry will be a solid guy who can give us quality minutes off the bench, but I would be surprised if he sees more then 20-25 minutes a game next season.
They all could play 25+ minutes a game. Clark should've seen time at the 3. Lyles from Kentucky was perfect match up for him instead he matched up against Stein.
Old 03-23-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Unless Quadri Moore makes a huge leap, I expect DeBerry to get more minutes next year. Although Shaq at the 4 can work against smaller line-ups, we are losing Sanders and will need Shaq's minutes at the 3 unless Evans is a stud from the start.

I hope we can find a way to get DeBerry on the court for 18-20 minutes per night, because I love his skill set. He's a very unique player -- has even shown the ability to put the ball on the floor.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #8
zako365

zako365 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
They all could play 25+ minutes a game. Clark should've seen time at the 3. Lyles from Kentucky was perfect match up for him instead he matched up against Stein.
If Clark can add a strong 10-15 foot jumper to his game maybe. He's athletic enough to play the 3. But playing all three as are right now would be difficult IMO.
zako365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 03:25 PM   #9
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Unless Quadri Moore makes a huge leap, I expect DeBerry to get more minutes next year. Although Shaq at the 4 can work against smaller line-ups, we are losing Sanders and will need Shaq's minutes at the 3 unless Evans is a stud from the start.

I hope we can find a way to get DeBerry on the court for 18-20 minutes per night, because I love his skill set. He's a very unique player -- has even shown the ability to put the ball on the floor.
Moore needs go play as much ball possible starting now. He should go live in gym right now
Old 03-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #10
Bulldog01
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zako365 View Post
If Clark can add a strong 10-15 foot jumper to his game maybe. He's athletic enough to play the 3. But playing all three as are right now would be difficult IMO.
how come? Shaq was horrible 3pt shooter. Clark has better handles than Shaq also