Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-08-2021, 12:26 AM   #71
Lefty

Lefty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If Justin jenifer can play at this level I think Saunders will be ok. Takes time. Jenifer was terrible for 3 years
I agree. Complained JJ wasn’t D1 for 2 years.
Year 3 showed some good (always great effort)
then had a fine last year and a half from what I
remember.
Do programs ever bring in previous stars from a players
Position to mentor them a bit ?
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 07:34 AM   #72
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty View Post
I agree. Complained JJ wasn’t D1 for 2 years.
Year 3 showed some good (always great effort)
then had a fine last year and a half from what I
remember.
Do programs ever bring in previous stars from a players
Position to mentor them a bit ?
Yeah, some guys aren’t ready immediately. Takes years for some but they can still turn in to good players. I feel like some people on here think all these players should come right in and contribute.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 08:03 AM   #73
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Not a lot we can take from the last couple of games being short handed and lack of practice other than we need to clean some things up in a hurry. Based on the subbing of walk ons I think the message should have been heard loud and clear. We need to limit ill advised passes.

We had two or our worst offensive performances along with two of our best defensive. So overall the effort seems to be there.

Getting Harvey back should help on offense and getting Dou back should help a little on D. I would rather keep playing Eason at the 5 for this year and move him over next year back to the 4. However with Vogt playing a bit better and getting Dou back it will be interesting to see how John plays the 5. I prefer keeping our best 5 on the court and Eason at the 5 is the best way to do that. Otherwise we will limit JD or Harvey or both.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 10:34 AM   #74
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
As long as we don’t finish in the bottom 3rd of the league I’m fine. These next stretch of games will be tough. But I do think should try to get a game in before the Houston game. No reason to rest 7 days
It's going to be difficult from a conditioning aspect for the next couple of games. We may have a full roster but not fully up to game shape. If we can get 20 minutes out of Harvey and keep him rested we might be alright.

I don't know the exact remaining schedule. Best I can tell is we have 8 games left. I would imagine we are significant dogs in a couple and significant favorites in a couple with the rest closer to coin flips. If we can do better than 50-50 in those coin flips I think that would be a good finish at 5-3 from here on out. Not sure if they will add any more games. 4-4 would be respectable I think given we will be slight dogs in some of the coin flip games.

That would be the difference between a winning and losing record in conference with no games added to the current GoBearcats schedule.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:01 AM   #75
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
It's going to be difficult from a conditioning aspect for the next couple of games. We may have a full roster but not fully up to game shape. If we can get 20 minutes out of Harvey and keep him rested we might be alright.

I don't know the exact remaining schedule. Best I can tell is we have 8 games left. I would imagine we are significant dogs in a couple and significant favorites in a couple with the rest closer to coin flips. If we can do better than 50-50 in those coin flips I think that would be a good finish at 5-3 from here on out. Not sure if they will add any more games. 4-4 would be respectable I think given we will be slight dogs in some of the coin flip games.

That would be the difference between a winning and losing record in conference with no games added to the current GoBearcats schedule.

I think I heard the announcers yesterday say UC has 14 games to play in 20+ days...Don't Quote me.
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2021, 11:06 AM   #76
waterhead
Senior Moderator

What I would like to see from here on out when possible. This will obviously fluctuate and will be situational based on matchups and who's playing well from game to game.

Keith and DD in the 32.5+ mpg range

Eason, JD, Harvey in 25 mpg range

Woods 20mpg

Vogt 15 mpg

Dou, Mason 10 mpg

Mikey 5 mpg
Old 02-08-2021, 11:07 AM   #77
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
I think I heard the announcers yesterday say UC has 14 games to play in 20+ days...Don't Quote me.
I think they did and I think they were wrong on that
Old 02-09-2021, 07:59 AM   #78
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

The more positives you can sell to the fans, players, recruits, and potential transfers, the better. There are going to be plenty of transfer available. There will also be plenty of minutes available at the 5. If we can get a decent 5, and everyone stays, I think we will be alright.

Maybe some of the guys we missed out on last summer change their mind. I know Indiana is considering a coaching change. We were in on a couple of those guys. Will be an interesting spring and summer

Last edited by cincyguy13; 02-09-2021 at 08:01 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote