Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2021, 06:14 PM   #81
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Positives

Davenport is good. I know a lot of people weren’t big on him but I think he could be an all league player next year or his senior year. Can shoot, plays hard and rebounds. Still reminds me a lot of Nate Hinton from Houston.

Harvey looks more comfortable each game.

Eason missed a lot of easy shots and still looks lost but still finished with 7 rebounds. Solid for a bad game.

That can be 3 starters going forward. Need more but that is something.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:15 PM   #82
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
This is dumb. Who cares. He left. He wasn't the answer when it came to big games.
No it’s just a question of coaching ability. People say the roster sucks and I just want to understand what people think if a different coach was at the helm
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:19 PM   #83
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I have a legit question. And it’s not a troll.

If Mick Cronin was coaching this same exact team. Are they 2-6 still?
They’d be better. His whole system is designed to muck up the game and have less possession. So you rarely get blown out but also lose games you shouldn’t.

I honestly think he would struggle with this roster. There is no one to make plays. He’s whole offense is iso/pick and roll, who could do that on this team?
Old 01-02-2021, 06:21 PM   #84
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Honestly, we get a lot of easy looks on offense. We had open threes, we can’t make them. Offensively I don’t think we are bad considering what we have.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:23 PM   #85
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Just feels like mick would have known his Tean was going to be a shit show offensively in the preseason and then would have had thenm defend the life outta the ball and do whatever it takes to win including teaching them to defend without fouling

Brannen either severely misevaluated his team or just flat out cannot coach good defense.

The thing about defense is... I’ve seen cincinnati teams shoot 33% and still win by 5

If you ain’t gonna score you better defend.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:26 PM   #86
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Mick ain't here man. He chose to leave. And frankly his time here had gone stale
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:27 PM   #87
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Just feels like mick would have known his Tean was going to be a shit show offensively in the preseason and then would have had thenm defend the life outta the ball and do whatever it takes to win including teaching them to defend without fouling

Brannen either severely misevaluated his team or just flat out cannot coach good defense.

The thing about defense is... I’ve seen cincinnati teams shoot 33% and still win by 5

Honestly that didn’t happen much. Shooting 33% and winning. Just that every time it did, cronin made a big deal about it.
Old 01-02-2021, 06:27 PM   #88
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Honestly, we get a lot of easy looks on offense. We had open threes, we can’t make them. Offensively I don’t think we are bad considering what we have.
Efficiency wise, this is worst offense we’ve had since 2008

Defensively it’s the worst since 2009

Kenpom goes back to 97... we’ve never shot that poorly. This is the worst in at least 23 years
Old 01-02-2021, 06:29 PM   #89
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Mick ain't here man. He chose to leave. And frankly his time here had gone stale
Boho made a conscious choice that he wasn’t going to do what he needed to do to keep mick.

Bohn thought he could do better. But his basketball hires historically have never been good.

Isn’t the women’s team awful this year too?
Old 01-02-2021, 06:30 PM   #90
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:

Honestly do you think the roster is good? I get brannen brought these guys in but he’s only had a year and a half. You aren’t getting 5 great players in a year in a half. Cronin didn’t do that either. Took time. It’s usually a combination of players from different classes.