Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
charlie hustle

charlie hustle is on a distinguished road
F*ck our fan base

I'm sorry but our fan base was lethargic, and that might even be a compliment.
It sucked at the keg of nails game and it was horrible tonight.

I was in section 138 and when x hit back to back long balls early in the first half, "we" sat down and stopped cheering...and started chastising instead.

I was the only one standing up... And eff off, I'm not getting off my soapbox right now.
Our. Fans. Suck.

No wonder Michael Johnson of the bengals says we suck, no wonder jay Bruce says we suck. We ******* suck as fans.
I implored my section to stand up and be supportive, but they'd rather sit and sulk. They looked at me like I was crazy when I participated in our chants. X had half the attendance but double the enthusiasm. Disgusted right now.

P.s. Mick's "defensive" strategy is for the birds.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
This thread is dumb. I was at the game and uc fans totally dominated the game. We Just didn't have much to cheer about. The highlight of my night was watching x fans get kicked out of the game.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Dude hard to cheer when you're getting taken to the woodshed. They got spanked like the red headed stepchild UC played one of the worst games I've ever seen them play. It ain't the fans fault.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:21 AM   #4
charlie hustle

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
This thread is dumb. I was at the game and uc fans totally dominated the game. We Just didn't have much to cheer about. The highlight of my night was watching x fans get kicked out of the game.
I was a tad buzzed when I wrote that so I do apologize for the language. Wish I could edit it.
Buuuut, I stand by what I said. I don't know how you didn't see the sea of red shirts sitting down all the way wrapped around to the half court line. X fans were on their feet on both sides of the ball, the entire game. Who cares what the score is?! Stand up and support your team for one of their biggest games of the year. The cats coming back after halftime was already an uphill battle, it was compounded by our fans' lackluster enthusiasm.
I honestly don't know how you could say UC fans dominated that game. The only sections that were truly on their feet the whole game were the sections immediately behind the student section.

And that was sweet watching that guy/guys(?) getting booted. Those were some good seats too, albeit in bearcat country. Why did he get kicked out? Too drunk?

Last edited by charlie hustle; 12-15-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:31 AM   #5
charlie hustle

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
Dude hard to cheer when you're getting taken to the woodshed. They got spanked like the red headed stepchild UC played one of the worst games I've ever seen them play. It ain't the fans fault.
I don't know man, I believe in fans being as loud as possible on defense, and we were library quiet VERY early in the first half and stayed that way until cats cut it to 12(?). I guess it's a difference of perspective. I don't expect Cameron Crazies loud on defense (though that'd be nice!), but I did expect more than that.
But you're right, cats were atrocious. But in a game of swings, I expect more from our fans, in order to help our team feed off some energy.

And once again I'm very sorry for using such ugly and attacking language in my first post. Mods feel free to edit that part out, if you wish.

Last edited by charlie hustle; 12-15-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #6
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
This thread is stupid.

Teams give fans something to cheer about...

that didn't happen....
Old 12-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #7
charlie hustle

On offense, I understand the pin-drop silence; cats were horrid. On defense, no excuses.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #8
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
F**k our fan base for allowing this program to become what it has. My biggest fears for this program have become reality. We're no longer slipping into mediocrity, we are mediocre. We've become an afterthought. We've become the second best program in our own city.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:51 AM   #9
Gotcha23

Gotcha23 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
F**k our fan base for allowing this program to become what it has. My biggest fears for this program have become reality. We're no longer slipping into mediocrity, we are mediocre. We've become an afterthought. We've become the second best program in our own city.
Yea I hate to admit this but it has some truth to it.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:51 AM   #10
Cpaw

Cpaw is on a distinguished road
Our students did not even show up last night. A good portion of the floor seats were empty and the X students came out in force. Totally Unacceptable.

Fortune Favors the Bold
Closed Thread