Cincy vs N.C. State Cats -7

Will be a good test for Rubles going up against T.J. Warren

Cats by 5
BEARCAT-4-LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #2
nparker1
Elite Member

nparker1 is on a distinguished road
Really looking forward to this game...found myself watching the 24hrs of bball on espn...i hope UC brings it today...

Go Bearcats!
nparker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I look for a shorter bench today. Mick knows rpi and resume wise this game is important. I'm hoping for a win today, but my prediction is for a loss. Sure hope I'm wrong but think the Cats have too many new pieces and just aren't flowing together yet.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Two newly assembled teams; pretty much anything could happen, but I'm definitely glad we're playing at the Shoe. I'm very surprised the spread is that high.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I look for a shorter bench today. Mick knows rpi and resume wise this game is important. I'm hoping for a win today, but my prediction is for a loss. Sure hope I'm wrong but think the Cats have too many new pieces and just aren't flowing together yet.
I'm with you BJ. I felt pretty good after the 2nd exhibition, but the last game was not very good. My gut is saying loss. Both teams have a lot of new pieces. They have been running up a lot of points in their games. This should be an interesting matchup of different styles. It sounds like they are susceptible to turnovers. If we can create a lot of turnovers and score off of a decent percentage of them, we can win. I feel a little better going against the run and gun style of ACC basketball right now better than the knock down drag out defensive style of Big East basketball. This will be a very interesting game and will tell us a lot about this team.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
N.C. State lost even more production than we did from last year's squad. They do have a borderline top 10 class coming in, but the game being in Cincy gives us the edge. They have freshmen all over the place who will turn the ball over like crazy against our press, and Cronin will be playing his best early-season rotation with the importance of this game. I predict a hard-fought, sloppy 71-66 victory for the Bearcats.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
handwaver

handwaver is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
N.C. State lost even more production than we did from last year's squad. They do have a borderline top 10 class coming in, but the game being in Cincy gives us the edge. They have freshmen all over the place who will turn the ball over like crazy against our press, and Cronin will be playing his best early-season rotation with the importance of this game. I predict a hard-fought, sloppy 71-66 victory for the Bearcats.
Warren is the obvious danger, but the JUCO Lee had 24 against App. St. Of course, UC's defense is a different animal but the dude shot like 83%......No one on UC's team could do that, even without a defense...hell, they couldn't do that from the FT line! probably don't want this to be a track meet.
handwaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #8
All we do is Guyn

All we do is Guyn is on a distinguished road
This is from a comment on a NC State board: "Look for Cincy to go after Dez Lee. He has the kind of in your face personality that will get the juices of a thug program like that all fired up"

LOL
All we do is Guyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #9
charlie hustle

charlie hustle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by All we do is Guyn View Post
This is from a comment on a NC State board: "Look for Cincy to go after Dez Lee. He has the kind of in your face personality that will get the juices of a thug program like that all fired up"

LOL
hahaha that's rich.
link?
charlie hustle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
We're two years removed from a nationally televised street fight...It's going to take some time before people forget that.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote