Downtown Brown

Downtown Brown is on a distinguished road
12/10/09 Miami-Ohio at Cincinnati

8:30 pm
Downtown Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:41 AM   #2
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I almost got tix, but the amount of money I spent on presents over the weekend made me back off. Disappointed!!
It's a pretty good venue to watch a game.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
On espnu at 8:30

The Bearcats are returning from a nine-day break, as they were last appeared in a 94-57 rout of Texas Southern on December 1st. It marked the program's largest margin of victory since Mick Cronin took over as head coach in 2006-07, as Cincinnati climbed to No. 19 in the rankings, its best showing since 2005

http://www.wesh.com/cbask/21919678/detail.html
Old 12-10-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
swg
Epic Member

I'm hoping this game is not close. Miami does play UC very tough at times, so they should obviously not be overlooked. I would like to see us play uptempo like the Bearcats did against TSU.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:03 PM   #5
HoffVir

HoffVir will become famous soon enough
I'm not expecting a win from my alma mater, but it'd be nice to see a good game.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:11 PM   #6
swg
Epic Member

I usually try to go to this game, but the pagaent is a killer.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:35 AM   #7
swg
Epic Member

Due to the Christmas pagaent and all the hubbub around Kelly leaving, this game kind of got lost in the shuffle.....and the players pretty much acted as such.
Wright and Gates didn't start, as the word was that Gates didn't pay attention in practice and the team was warned that they wouldn't play if that was the case. I thought LS didn't start either, but I could be mistaken.
In any event, LS had a great game, and I liked when UC fast-breaked, but our D was bad at times, and way too many mistakes on D and offense.
I'm guessing we simply didn't get up for Miami, and took the day off. This is not good, as a mark of a good team is coming every day, and putting away teams that you should.

I also didn' like the fact that the espn announcers were talking more about Kelly and ND football in general just as much as the dang game. Child please.