Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-04-2019, 11:41 AM   #11
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
I just think Xavier has advantages all over the court that will be tough to beat out over 40 min

Jones/freemantle/Jason Carter

is much better than Vogt/Scott/Diarra

Mcneal/MAW Vs Goodin/Tandy to me is a win for X

Cumberland/Cumberland vs Scruggs/Moore is a win for UC but Paul Scruggs is a lockdown defender

Williams/davenport/Harvey Vs Naji/Bishop is a win for Xavier.

They have more talent than us, So its going to come to down coaching and execution. I mean this will be the most intense environment Vogt, Mcneal, MAW, davenport, & harvey have ever played in.

Guys will need to weather that initial Xavier on slaught.,

Xavier uses its first possession to try and establish Tyrique Jones. Would be nice to deny him on his first attempt.

i moved my quote over here where i think this was supposed to go.

im taking keith over marshall. if marshall ever figures out he can't shoot 3's, maybe i'd go with him but he takes 5 a game and can't shoot them at all. he's also a turnover machine.

marshall appears to have all the talent, but every time i look up his numbers they are always so underwhelming.

if we can get marshall and goodin to take 15 3's again, i'll be happy.

and goodin is another guy that i just can't get figured out. looked like he was gonna be a monster when he was a sophomore but has been a below average player. he's not been good at... anything this year.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #12
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i moved my quote over here where i think this was supposed to go.

im taking keith over marshall. if marshall ever figures out he can't shoot 3's, maybe i'd go with him but he takes 5 a game and can't shoot them at all. he's also a turnover machine.

marshall appears to have all the talent, but every time i look up his numbers they are always so underwhelming.

if we can get marshall and goodin to take 15 3's again, i'll be happy.

and goodin is another guy that i just can't get figured out. looked like he was gonna be a monster when he was a sophomore but has been a below average player. he's not been good at... anything this year.
Naji is just clutch tho.

Did you see his two game tying 3’s he hit this year off the same exact play that nova won the championship on ?

He shoots too much but when he needs to get a bucket he can,
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:54 AM   #13
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Naji is just clutch tho.

Did you see his two game tying 3’s he hit this year off the same exact play that nova won the championship on ?

He shoots too much but when he needs to get a bucket he can,

yeah im not a buy into the clutch movement type of guy. he got lucky twice.
Old 12-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #14
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
yeah im not a buy into the clutch movement type of guy. he got lucky twice.
Just think Naji is a better rebounder, passer and scores at the rim better than Keith.

But I like Keith a ton.

Naji averaging 14/6/4

Williams with 13/4/2

If I had to pick a guy to get to the rim and score, it would be naji. Keith still misses too many bunny shots.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:06 PM   #15
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Just think Naji is a better rebounder, passer and scores at the rim better than Keith.

But I like Keith a ton.

Naji averaging 14/6/4

Williams with 13/4/2

If I had to pick a guy to get to the rim and score, it would be naji. Keith still misses too many bunny shots.

and naji does it on 12.6 shots per game to keiths 9.3. keith is definitely a more efficient scorer. naji is a better passer but also a lot looser with the ball. naji is a better rebounder for sure.

if keith was out there chucking 5 3's a game i'd probably take marshall too, and keith is even a slightly better career 3 point shooter. we would all go nuts if keith shot that many 3's.
Old 12-04-2019, 01:20 PM   #16
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Xavier has a more talented team but we have seen the far more talented team lose in this game a lot. They also let teams hang around. They will have as hard a time scoring, as we will have.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:19 AM   #17
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Peered through the Xavier board and they seem to think they are going to just beat the breaks off of us and it won't even be close..... Apparently Jarron is regressing and not a major factor and Scruggs will lock him down, Keith is the "must stop" guy, Jaevin is "just a shooter" and will be locked down by Kyky Tandy, Vogt is going to get posturized by Marshall, Harvey is a bust, Tre Scott cant play "fast".. MAW and Davenport will be intimated by Cintas..... I can only laugh it off because they actually mentioned that they need to contain Diarra…. That right there shows the incomitance of a Xavier basketball fan.

Also there is so much hate for Cronin even tho he is no longer here. Every other post is throwing jabs at him, Cronin owns so much real estate in there heads its not even funny. I think a lot of the anger X fans have towards Mick will be taken out on Jarron Saturday night.

Last edited by cincyalum2014; 12-05-2019 at 09:33 AM.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:42 AM   #18
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Peered through the Xavier board and they seem to think they are going to just beat the breaks off of us and it won't even be close..... Apparently Jarron is regressing and not a major factor and Scruggs will lock him down, Keith is the "must stop" guy, Jaevin is "just a shooter" and will be locked down by Kyky Tandy, Vogt is going to get posturized by Marshall, Harvey is a bust, Tre Scott cant play "fast".. MAW and Davenport will be intimated by Cintas..... I can only laugh it off because they actually mentioned that they need to contain Diarra…. That right there shows the incomitance of a Xavier basketball fan.
if you wanna keep it 100

Jarron is playing at a much lower level than last year.

Tre is really struggling to play fast.

Harvey is struggling in his first 8 games of college ball.

they got those things correct. maybe it will be like last year where they were struggling with a new coach and we took advantage.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:44 AM   #19
cincrulz11
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post

Also there is so much hate for Cronin even tho he is no longer here. Every other post is throwing jabs at him, Cronin owns so much real estate in there heads its not even funny. I think a lot of the anger X fans have towards Mick will be taken out on Jarron Saturday night.

I dont really think he owns real estate in their heads, they just truly despise him.

His record vs x seemed more in his head than their head.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:51 AM   #20
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
if you wanna keep it 100

Jarron is playing at a much lower level than last year.

Tre is really struggling to play fast.

Harvey is struggling in his first 8 games of college ball.

they got those things correct. maybe it will be like last year where they were struggling with a new coach and we took advantage.
I have no issue with what they are saying, if you take the UC blinders off that all of us are guilty of wearing at times due to being big fans. I think we may lose but I don't think they will blow us out.... That was the point I was trying to make, if I cared enough I am sure I could do a break down of how they are under performing as well.... They were in a very similar situation last year that we are in right now, new coach, lots of transfers, plenty of new faces.... X is more talented than us yes but I don't think its as substantial as some may think.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote