Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-22-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Global Sports Shootout

The Bearcats won the 2013 Global Sports Shootout championship going 4-0 in the tourney.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
The Bearcats won the 2013 Global Sports Shootout championship going 4-0 in the tourney.
Was the championship game on ESPN? I must have missed it.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
Nomadic1

Nomadic1 is on a distinguished road
The downside, is that no one really knows or cares about the tournament. The upside, is that 3 of the 4 teams we beat were from North Carolina and given that UNC isn't very good this year, we can rightfully claim we own most of the state. Except for Durham. I'd like a shot at those Blue bastards though.

Last edited by Nomadic1; 11-22-2013 at 07:39 PM.
Nomadic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 08:33 PM   #4
LaxCat31

LaxCat31 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph1950 View Post
It's unfortunate that UC can't seem to get an invite to some of the other big name tournaments at the beginning of the season. The last big tourney I remember the team being in is the Maui Invitation in 2008. It would definitely help the non-conference schedule and brand recognition.
LaxCat31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #5
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxCat31 View Post
It's unfortunate that UC can't seem to get an invite to some of the other big name tournaments at the beginning of the season. The last big tourney I remember the team being in is the Maui Invitation in 2008. It would definitely help the non-conference schedule and brand recognition.
I agree. We get shafted yet again while teams like UConn get to win another title game at MSG. All is normal in college basketball. Its amazing that UConn stays nationally relevant with being banned from the tourney and going through the Apr issues they've had.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
I agree. We get shafted yet again while teams like UConn get to win another title game at MSG. All is normal in college basketball. Its amazing that UConn stays nationally relevant with being banned from the tourney and going through the Apr issues they've had.
3 National Titles in 15 years can do that for a program...

Guys, we got into the Jimmy V...at least that is progress.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaxCat31 View Post
I agree. The good thing is we have NM, X, and Pitt on the schedule (in a row). Not too shabby. If we can take 2 of those...we should be looking pretty good.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:26 AM   #8
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I agree. The good thing is we have NM, X, and Pitt on the schedule (in a row). Not too shabby. If we can take 2 of those...we should be looking pretty good.
Agreed. At the beginning of the year, I figured NM was a loss as a young teams first road game at the Pit so I hoped to beat X and Pitt. Well NM has really struggled so far in life after Tony Snell and X has looked very strong so far. I haven't really paid attention to Pitt though. I will still take 2 out of 3 all day.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:41 AM   #9
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
Agreed. At the beginning of the year, I figured NM was a loss as a young teams first road game at the Pit so I hoped to beat X and Pitt. Well NM has really struggled so far in life after Tony Snell and X has looked very strong so far. I haven't really paid attention to Pitt though. I will still take 2 out of 3 all day.
Never underestimate playing New Mexico at the Pit. Very difficult to beat them there regardless of how they look now.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:42 AM   #10
UCalum08
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
No doubt 2 out of 3 would be impressive, any way it comes. I am really anxious to watch us play New Mexico. It will be interesting to see how we handle a talented post player in Kirk along with their senior guards, Bairstow and Williams.