Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 08-18-2020, 10:07 AM   #71
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Brannen was on Jon Rothstein's show recently for those that want to give it a quick listen.

https://soundcloud.com/compass-media...season-preview

Brannen comes on at 9:20.

The biggest takeaway for me was that he inferred a decision on DeJulius wasn't going to come anytime soon. He said they'll be working on his waiver for the next "couple months".
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 05:38 PM   #72
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
Thanks for sharing that. I'm starved for Bearcats hoops so any drop is fun.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #73
kskenyon4
Elite Member

kskenyon4 is on a distinguished road
Dejulius granted waiver for immediate eligibility.
kskenyon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 02:07 PM   #74
sirthought

Wow some great news for DeJulius. Everyone assumes he'll start, but who really knows after a late start and everything that's new. I'm just happy we'll have more depth with a kid who is obviously very skilled and can likely manage the role well.
Old 08-27-2020, 03:19 PM   #75
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

This marks the end to a phenomenal offseason by Brannen.

-Convinced 4 underclassmen to return to Clifton (MAW, Davenport, Diarra); one whom many considered a risk to transfer throughout the season (Harvey)
-Convinced 2 seniors with semi-legitimate pro prospects (Keith and Vogt) to return to Clifton
-Brought in 2 transfers coveted by many high major programs (DeJulius and Rap) and ensured both would be eligible to play come this fall.
-Brought in one the conference's best recruiting classes with 2 players many believe will contribute this season (Gabe and Eason), 2 high-character players who look to be great leaders and role models for the next 4 years (Saunders and Mason), and 1 low-risk, high-reward project who we beat some credible high major comp for during the pandemic.
Old 08-27-2020, 08:57 PM   #76
sirthought

Hear! Hear!

I have no clue how good they'll be this season, but there is a lot to be excited about for this season and the future.

I used to feel like there was little excitement around Cronin's recruiting, and we'd just have to wait a while to see what developed. Now it seems like you can see the possibilities.
Old 08-27-2020, 10:01 PM   #77
A_O

A_O is on a distinguished road
With DeJulius getting the waiver that gives us a potential starting lineup of:
DeJulius, Williams, Harvey, Eason, and Vogt...4 of whom were 4* recruits (per Rivals) out of high school.

Does anyone know the last time we had 4 out of 5 guys in the lineup having been 4* recruits or better?
A_O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:24 AM   #78
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
Wow some great news for DeJulius. Everyone assumes he'll start, but who really knows after a late start and everything that's new. I'm just happy we'll have more depth with a kid who is obviously very skilled and can likely manage the role well.
This is awesome news! In terms of starting I think Dejulius has two potential spots to start depending on who steps up at the 1 and 2. MAW could also fill 2 potential roles at the 1 and 2. Harvey would only fill 1 of those two positions.

I would hate to eliminate Saunders and Gabe etc but just going by what seems most likely at the moment with very little news coming out of practice.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 10:33 AM   #79
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Vogt and Dou manning the 5
Rap and Eason at the 4 with Dou as insurance
Williams, Harvey, MAW and Gabe on the wing
Dejulius, Saunders, MAW at point

Heat check Mason
Lakhin Redshirt
Davenport...I have no idea exactly where he fits in but he needs to develop a 3 ball and go for the 3 and D type of player.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 07:44 AM   #80
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Viktor Lakhin is supposedly arriving in Cincinnati today and after a 14-day quarantine period will be able to work out/practice with the team.