Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: Who will win the Crosstown Shootout?
UC 33 75.00%
XU 11 25.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-02-2017, 05:16 PM   #521
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Mac that is where we got killed today. Out rebounded 44-27 and they almost shot 50% from 3
You have to factor in that they made so many shots limiting rebound opportunity on the D end. It wasn't just crappy rebounding.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:19 PM   #522
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
You have to factor in that they made so many shots limiting rebound opportunity on the D end. It wasn't just crappy rebounding.
they also out offensive rebounded us while missing far fewer shots. They had far fewer opportunities. Right?
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 05:59 PM   #523
TNBearcat3

TNBearcat3 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDCat View Post
He's a starter, a senior, a Co-Captain, and a leader on this team....as well as a wonderful person. Keeping him buried on the bench in a huge game has not a single thing to do with how good Johnny Bench was.

Take him out, give him his punishment, and get him back in there. The foul that got him removed for good was not on him. O'MEARA was falling backwards out of control and Washington stepped aside and O'Meara fell on his ass. And, for that, Mick benched him for the remainder of the game. That's a joke!
When Kyle is bad, he's really bad. Terrible shot selection, deserved to be on the bench today IMO.
TNBearcat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:07 PM   #524
RDCat
Banned

RDCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBearcat3 View Post
When Kyle is bad, he's really bad. Terrible shot selection, deserved to be on the bench today IMO.
There are certainly a lot of players that you do that to, but not your senior co-captain and leader. I think he has earned more respect than that.
RDCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:14 PM   #525
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDCat View Post
There are certainly a lot of players that you do that to, but not your senior co-captain and leader. I think he has earned more respect than that.
its not just today. kwash was benched last game too and in other games as well. as i said this week the kwash and broome thing caught me as odd. why the mind games, why the start no start back and forth with both of them? it has been especially odd with kwash.

we have talked about broome needed to prove it, but kwash absolutely did last year, why has he basically been in the dog house all year.

ill say the same with kwash i said for broome, to be who we want to be we need kwash to be a huge part of that. there is nobody else on this team that can fill that role.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:19 PM   #526
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
Go back and look at the schedules from the bearcats past years easy to see I'm right
Genius, I'm talking about your claim that other teams win 50% of their road games against top x% competition, which is just plain pulled out of your butt.

So please, show your work. Prove me wrong. Now's your chance to look like smart. Here's a promise. I'll never post on this site again if you can show me proof that establishes the numbers you posted and weren't just arbitrarily plucked out of thin air.

Last edited by ervins84; 12-02-2017 at 06:23 PM.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:57 PM   #527
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
Genius, I'm talking about your claim that other teams win 50% of their road games against top x% competition, which is just plain pulled out of your butt.

So please, show your work. Prove me wrong. Now's your chance to look like smart. Here's a promise. I'll never post on this site again if you can show me proof that establishes the numbers you posted and weren't just arbitrarily plucked out of thin air.
You must not watch College basketball too much, I'm not wasting an hour of my life to prove something to a nobody.
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:17 PM   #528
ervins84
Elite Member

ervins84 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ervins84 Send a message via Skype™ to ervins84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
You must not watch College basketball too much, I'm not wasting an hour of my life to prove something to a nobody.
Just stop posting. You pulled something out of your butt in a moment of frustration that was beyond hyperbole and plain false. But your ego won't let you admit it.

One day you'll grow up. Or, you won't and you'll spend an hour telling me how you won't waste time proving something so obvious. Instead of, you know, just proving it.

I obviously do agree it does "feel" like we lose a disproportionate amount of "big" games. But you've lost your mind if you actually believe plenty of other teams win 50% of their road games vs top 15 or top 20 or whatever it was opponents in any remotely significant sample size

Last edited by ervins84; 12-02-2017 at 07:22 PM.
ervins84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:23 PM   #529
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
Just stop posting. You pulled something out of your butt in a moment of frustration that was beyond hyperbole and plain false. But your ego won't let you admit it.

One day you'll grow up. Or, you won't and you'll spend an hour telling me how you won't waste time proving something so obvious. Instead of, you know, just proving it.

I obviously do agree it does "feel" like we lose a disproportionate amount of "big" games. But you've lost your mind if you actually believe other teams win 50% of their road games vs top 15 or top 20 or whatever it was opponents in any remotely significant sample size
Yep. Example.Baylor lost to x then wsu...
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 07:25 PM   #530
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Yep. Example.Baylor lost to x then wsu...
And later in the year they will beat other top teams, you win some you lose some but we lose all of them
Bearcatboy is offline   Reply With Quote