Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-10-2021, 06:10 PM   #81
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
This team makes so many mistakes that lead to free points. Dumb fouls for no reason, live ball turnovers that lead to simple layups, foul way too much and put the team in the bonus early. These things probably lead to 15-20 pts a game. I don’t know if it’s a coaching thing, we are too young thing, too dumb, but it’s frustrating.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:13 PM   #82
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
I want to see more Mason. We need guys that can space the floor especially without vogt playing clogging the lane. Open the floor and let guys like Zack and Davenport dribble drive
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:37 PM   #83
Lawrugby

Lawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
I’d take Harvey all day over keith
I understand he had a horrible sequence but he is our only hope for a respectable season which might still be salvageable at this point.
Lawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:42 PM   #84
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrugby View Post
I understand he had a horrible sequence but he is our only hope for a respectable season which might still be salvageable at this point.
This season is over... This is about next year at this point
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 06:43 PM   #85
Lawrugby

Quote:
Originally Posted by David H View Post
Who is the guy doing color with Dan Hoard?
That is Kevin Johnson. He was a solid UC player who came out of Wyoming High School I believe - could be wrong but he was local. He was a good shooter and very good character. He earned his seat.
Old 01-10-2021, 06:55 PM   #86
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
This season is over... This is about next year at this point
If we improved, a lot, we could still make a run in the conference tournament. The league sucks. Really all we have to look forward to at this point
Old 01-10-2021, 06:59 PM   #87
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If we improved, a lot, we could still make a run in the conference tournament. The league sucks. Really all we have to look forward to at this point
The league isn't that bad and Houston is going to blow us out.

I'd bet this is a 3/4 bid league.

As a low seed we are going to have to go through 2/3 good teams to win the conference tournament and that's very unlikely to happen.

Season is over for all practical purposes, just watching to see if/how these guys develop.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:09 PM   #88
Lawrugby

It looks like the team lacks intensity until the closing minutes when it has typically been too late. The inability to get into a flow is probably attributable to early foul trouble which we have experienced almost every game it seems. Williams has to be the leader in controlling that and he has not done that well so far.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:20 PM   #89
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
The league isn't that bad and Houston is going to blow us out.

I'd bet this is a 3/4 bid league.

As a low seed we are going to have to go through 2/3 good teams to win the conference tournament and that's very unlikely to happen.

Season is over for all practical purposes, just watching to see if/how these guys develop.
Completely disagree. It’s a 1 bid, maybe two bid league. It sucks. Those teams we just played are probably the 2nd and 3rd best teams. Did they impress you? Not me. I can’t imagine 3-4 teams getting in.
Old 01-10-2021, 07:55 PM   #90
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
We lose focus and try to do too much when game is on the line. We jack up 3s when we would be better off driving. Then we go to fast out of control when we drive.

Need to be patient and work the plan. We get too excited
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote