Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-06-2019, 12:19 PM   #651
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Alot of people think Hardnett is 2 years from really contributing. So if he has to play a ton, it might be not so good news
I think at this point it's pretty clear someone is going to get a ton of minutes who wasn't ready last year and might not be ready this year.

LoJo, Moore, Hardnett and Gillam all fall into that category if you ask me. Heck even Nsoseme and Diarra do if Brooks leaves.

I think LoJo can be great in a year or two, but I'm not sold on him as a 30 minute guy yet. I expect the lineup to be.

PG: Cumberland/Johnson
SG: Moore/Hardnett/Johnson
SF: Williams/Hardnett/Gillam
PF: Scott/Gillam/Hardnett
C: Brooks/Nsoseme/Diarra

We will lack some depth (especially if Brooks leaves), but barring us pulling in an unexpected name (as far as I am aware the guys we are linked to right now are all freshmen and not guys who would be expected to contribute next year) I don't expect any big new additions.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:24 PM   #652
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Alot of people think Hardnett is 2 years from really contributing. So if he has to play a ton, it might be not so good news
Wait...so you're dogging Brannen for his recruiting yet slobber over Mick because he brings in players that need THREE years to become contributors? Do you not realize how absurd that is?
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #653
z_bearcat

z_bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Wait...so you're dogging Brannen for his recruiting yet slobber over Mick because he brings in players that need THREE years to become contributors? Do you not realize how absurd that is?
This made me laugh.
z_bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:09 PM   #654
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
I think at this point it's pretty clear someone is going to get a ton of minutes who wasn't ready last year and might not be ready this year.

LoJo, Moore, Hardnett and Gillam all fall into that category if you ask me. Heck even Nsoseme and Diarra do if Brooks leaves.

I think LoJo can be great in a year or two, but I'm not sold on him as a 30 minute guy yet. I expect the lineup to be.

PG: Cumberland/Johnson
SG: Moore/Hardnett/Johnson
SF: Williams/Hardnett/Gillam
PF: Scott/Gillam/Hardnett
C: Brooks/Nsoseme/Diarra

We will lack some depth (especially if Brooks leaves), but barring us pulling in an unexpected name (as far as I am aware the guys we are linked to right now are all freshmen and not guys who would be expected to contribute next year) I don't expect any big new additions.
I think Lojo is ready for the job. Might be some bumps but he’s ready on defense and rebounding. Moore could very easily make the mental leap in a new system.

We still need to get guards either way to ensure we have as many options as we need. I would be perfectly fine if Cumberland comes back. He can play multiple positions. If he doesn’t we need at least two guards to replace him. We could get by with one otherwise.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:18 PM   #655
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Yeah if Cumberland comes back next year will be fine. If he doesn’t, it’s going to be a very long year.

He has to do what’s best for him. If he can play and make $, and that’s what he wants, then he should do it.

But he does have a nice situation here at UC for him. He can come back, be a 2000 point scorer. Steady the program from a coaching change. He is the key to not only next year but the short term future. If he comes back, he will likely be the most valuable Bearcat in some time. And not that it matters, but he will likely climb the list of many Bearcat fans in terms of favorite Bearcats of all-time.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:43 PM   #656
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I have a feeling that’s a real excuse though my guy.

6% of top 50 guys chose non power 6 teams
8% of the top 100

But yea pretend the divide isn’t real
I am not going to look this up but do not believe this is true. By the above numbers that means 3 top 50 players and 8 top 100 choose to go to the G5. I am pretty sure that Memphis has at least 3 top 50 guys itself. Other G5 schools that have top 100 players, UC (JC) Wichita, WKU, UConn, Houston, Gonazaga,Tulane.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:58 PM   #657
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Nysier Brooks just tweeted his thanks to UC and the fans, confirms he is not returning.
Old 05-06-2019, 01:59 PM   #658
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
I am not going to look this up but do not believe this is true. By the above numbers that means 3 top 50 players and 8 top 100 choose to go to the G5. I am pretty sure that Memphis has at least 3 top 50 guys itself. Other G5 schools that have top 100 players, UC (JC) Wichita, WKU, UConn, Houston, Gonazaga,Tulane.
It's for 2019 recruits. It's accurate but a bit deceiving as it's 3 top 50 guys and 8 other top 100 guys (11 total). The top 100 isn't counting the top 50 guys. I'd probably have said 11 top 100 guys and 3 top 50.

3 top 50 guys have committed to non P6 (Memphis (2), Gonzaga (1)). 8 guys in the 51-100 range committed to non P6 schools (Gonzaga (2), UConn (3), Memphis (1), UMass (1), Harvard (1)).
Old 05-06-2019, 02:03 PM   #659
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Nysier Brooks just tweeted his thanks to UC and the fans, confirms he is not returning.
So much for good news. So now we lose are 2nd best players and depth at Center. Hope Nysier has success where ever he goes. If Cumberland doesn't come back we are in major trouble (and even with him back not going to be as good as we could have been if everyone stayed).
Old 05-06-2019, 02:10 PM   #660
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Truly one of the odder things I have seen. I was not surprised by Curtis de-committing but Brooks leaving with one year left to start something new is odd. Really wonder what happened there. I don’t think it’s the end of the world. It doesn’t help. That’s for sure
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote