Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-27-2019, 03:18 PM   #51
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
I would take Jennifer, Sophmore Jarron, Jacob Evans, Gary Clark and Kyle Washington over any 5 you put out there at the same time on this current roster. With that being said I think this team has more depth than that 17-18 team and I think this new roster looks wonderful on paper and I am all in on the new roster.... but I am not ready to say a team that has never played a single game together is better than a 2 seed 30+ win team nor am I sold on McNeal who has been at 4 or 5 different colleges but has only played 2 full seasons. I hope I am wrong and McNeal comes in and lights it up. I think with the addition to Harvey they add another guy who can come in and contribute right away.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:32 PM   #52
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I would take Jennifer, Sophmore Jarron, Jacob Evans, Gary Clark and Kyle Washington over any 5 you put out there at the same time on this current roster. With that being said I think this team has more depth than that 17-18 team and I think this new roster looks wonderful on paper and I am all in on the new roster.... but I am not ready to say a team that has never played a single game together is better than a 2 seed 30+ win team nor am I sold on McNeal who has been at 4 or 5 different colleges but has only played 2 full seasons. I hope I am wrong and McNeal comes in and lights it up. I think with the addition to Harvey they add another guy who can come in and contribute right away.
Still not sure what Harvey is going to bring this year being late to the game and also rehabbing an ankle that has kept him out most of the year and more rehab to come. I guess if all goes well he will be able to get some decent minutes but who knows how long he can stay out there with all the running we will be doing. I think the other guys are doing conditioning now.

Could be a nice scoring pop off the bench though
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 03:39 PM   #53
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Harvey jaevin jarron Williams Scott. Plus my bench a lot better
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 04:47 PM   #54
Gocats

Gocats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptDale View Post
Hopefully this coach won't micromanage the team calling EVERY play. The defining moment was when Jenifer got his pocket picked while Cronin was bending his ear on what play to run. Just give them guidance and play sets and let them run the floor. UCLA fans won't be happy when their team averages 70 points per game.
70 Points....try 57
Gocats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:32 PM   #55
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Still not sure what Harvey is going to bring this year being late to the game and also rehabbing an ankle that has kept him out most of the year and more rehab to come. I guess if all goes well he will be able to get some decent minutes but who knows how long he can stay out there with all the running we will be doing. I think the other guys are doing conditioning now.

Could be a nice scoring pop off the bench though
I think it would be reasonable to expect 7-8 pts a game with a couple 15+ point games. Depending on the matchup. Something similar to Jarron or Jacobs freshman years. Maybe a notch below them.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 07:21 PM   #56
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think it would be reasonable to expect 7-8 pts a game with a couple 15+ point games. Depending on the matchup. Something similar to Jarron or Jacobs freshman years. Maybe a notch below them.
Lol notch below or above? Harvey looks more skill wise satterfield lance demar than Evans Williams Cumberland
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:37 PM   #57
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Lol notch below or above? Harvey looks more skill wise satterfield lance demar than Evans Williams Cumberland
I said notch below because those two guys were pretty good. One was drafted in the 1st round of the nba draft and the other is going to be a top 5 scorer in uc history. So yeah, it’s going to be hard to be better than those two. But I hope he is.

He also has a couple good players in front of him that will take his minutes.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 08:39 AM   #58
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't think Jaevin is going to produce what he did in the Horizon but when looking at his tapes he was making bombs often times with a hand in his face and a defender right on top of him. He could put them in from NBA range as well. I would expect him to make around 2-3 threes a game and then sprinkle in another couple of buckets in transition or half court. So that would be 10-13 ppg. If you contrast him with Jenifer...he was a guy that would camp right on the 3 line (catch and shoot mostly) and only shoot when there was enough space. Those are just easier shots to make. We have Keith to penetrate and get to the rack and also Jarron so Jaevin should just be camping out there. He's not going to score much going in the paint. He is exactly what we needed though.
Jaevin has proven he can shoot. In a game. Off the dribble. Off the screen. From deep. With a quick release. At high volume with high %. While defended.

We haven't really had that versatility since Field Williams. If he is semi-competent with ball handling and defense he will be a very valuable piece.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote