Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2014, 08:08 AM   #11
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
Incoming freshmen are always iffy, no matter how highly they are rated. This guy has such little playing time over the last 3 years and can't even practice this year, that I view him as nothing more than a big body and a project. Chances are that he will provide virtually nothing to our team next year and maybe even the following year.
I think I would still rather have him out there than DN. Not to take anything away from DN as a person, but hes just not a basketball player. If strickland is more coordinated than DN and can run up and down the floor well, I see him giving more valuable minutes.

Last edited by coachpipe; 01-23-2014 at 08:11 AM.
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:53 AM   #12
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatbacker82 View Post
Will stickland still get 4 years of eligibility after this season?
Yes, that's the plan.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:44 AM   #13
Scheids21
Epic Member

Scheids21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
I think I would still rather have him out there than DN. Not to take anything away from DN as a person, but hes just not a basketball player. If strickland is more coordinated than DN and can run up and down the floor well, I see him giving more valuable minutes.
Anyone know how mobile he is? 6'11" 270 is pretty massive.
Scheids21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 10:05 AM   #14
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
I've said since his signing he was is a sleeper for this team and I think he would have been a big benefit if eligible.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #15
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I've said since his signing he was is a sleeper for this team and I think he would have been a big benefit if eligible.
I agree, I never heard the word "project" used on him like it's been used on some of our other bigs we've signed/recruited. Obviously you never know until you get him on the court. Hopefully he's lifting weights and working on his fundamentals. A freshman big that is three years out of high school should have a better body than a typical freshman and just because he can't practice doesn't mean he can't mix it up in some form or another.