Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Respect from local media

I work in Kentucky and we get the Kentucky Enquirer print edition every day. On the front of the sports page it says.

"Fitzpatrick gets 1st team preseason all Big East"

It was written by XU beat writer Shannon Russell. I know the enquirer isn't what it used to be and Shannon is a XU homer but this is severly disrespectful and the fact it was written and went through a editor is bush league. This kind of mirrors the AP polls and not getting any respect.

Just thought I would share b/c I was expecting there to be something about it on here. Not sure if the Cincy Enquirer print had the same caption.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
The Enquirer did have the same print caption. Also the Enquirer has not corrected a week old incorrect headline about the football team on its website.

My take: Don't subscribe to the Enq. in any form until the dust settles and if you have print edition delivered cancel it. They need to be an all digital "newspaper' and haven't gotten there yet.

Whatever happened to Bill Koch is anybody's guess because as much as we complain about him he would have normally written this article and gotten the name right.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobot View Post
The Enquirer did have the same print caption. Also the Enquirer has not corrected a week old incorrect headline about the football team on its website.

My take: Don't subscribe to the Enq. in any form until the dust settles and if you have print edition delivered cancel it. They need to be an all digital "newspaper' and haven't gotten there yet.

Whatever happened to Bill Koch is anybody's guess because as much as we complain about him he would have normally written this article and gotten the name right.
Not so sure about that. I remember a year or two back he called the UC QB "Nick" Collaros and a year before that he raved about UC WR "Marvin" Gilyard.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #4
Hicks' Guns

Hicks' Guns is on a distinguished road
Meanwhile, they know longer provide free access to cincinnati.com. What will we ever do without Bill Koch's "insight"?
Hicks' Guns is offline   Reply With Quote