Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-11-2019, 09:25 AM   #1
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Colgate

Okay so we got punched in the mouth against Xavier.... Time to move onto Colgate. This is 100% a must win at home. Need to get Jarron healthy, hopefully the week break has helped with that. I think we may get Sorolla back this game, He was dressed for the X game but didn't play. This will be the first game after the news of Trevor transferring, limits our depth but I don't think it will effect the team.

Colgates best player is Jordan Burns - 16.5pts, 2.8reb, 3.4 ast… shooting .483 2P% and .349 3P%

Colgate as a team...…
.45 FG% (127% nationally), .57 2P% (20th nationally), .34 3P% (138th nationally)… They rank 7th in the country in 3 pointers attempted and 8th in the country in 3 pointer made... so of the 618 field goals attempted on the season, 315 of those have been 3's .. so about 51% of there shots are from 3. This team lives behind the arc. They are also extreamly productive from the line ranking 7th in the nation in FT% shooting 80% from the line.

With that being said they are 6-4 and will be competitive in the patriot league as they usually are but we should win this game by 10+.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:39 AM   #2
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Must win. Must look better. Must not stink.

These are all requirements.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:44 AM   #3
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Run them off 3pt line and dont foul. Full court press all game. Need win by 25+
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
This is actually another game where Vogt is going to guard a man thats going to float around outside a decent amount.

Not a great match up for him.

Tucker Richardson has some crazy numbers. 89% on 2 point shots and 46% on 3 point shots. 27.3 TOrate though.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:00 AM   #5
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Run them off 3pt line and dont foul. Full court press all game. Need win by 25+
Seriously winning by 20+ Would be huge for the metrics. We need to not just win but win bigly.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #6
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Not only for metrics but development needs to start happening and no better way to develop guys than actually game time. 2
Old 12-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #7
TheRealMick
Elite Member

We got played like bengals did with ZT. Where is all this innovative offense coming to our city. LMAO X players was literally running our offense when they was on D. No team speed and offense PreK.
Old 12-12-2019, 12:11 PM   #8
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Seriously winning by 20+ Would be huge for the metrics. We need to not just win but win bigly.
I agree we are going to need help with metrics but also if we can get up big again we can get more minutes to some guys who need it as TRM has already mentioned. Harvey and Diara and Davenport.

it's not like Brannen has not tried to get the bench early minutes in the past but we have blown a couple of big leads doing that. I am sure he will try again and hope we can maintain a big lead. In other games we either never had the lead or the game was too big to take the chance.

There are only a few conference games we might be able to work these guys in for significant minutes. No time like the present. Of course if we put the bench in then our chances of scoring big in metrics is likely going down
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 12:23 PM   #9
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I agree we are going to need help with metrics but also if we can get up big again we can get more minutes to some guys who need it as TRM has already mentioned. Harvey and Diara and Davenport.

it's not like Brannen has not tried to get the bench early minutes in the past but we have blown a couple of big leads doing that. I am sure he will try again and hope we can maintain a big lead. In other games we either never had the lead or the game was too big to take the chance.

There are only a few conference games we might be able to work these guys in for significant minutes. No time like the present. Of course if we put the bench in then our chances of scoring big in metrics is likely going down

I’d rather just win big. Zero reason to risk blowing a lead. We don’t have real depth. Colgate is a team that can beat if you don’t try.

I’m more concerned with getting Jarron out of his funk than getting Davenport into the mix.

We need to shorten the bench, play our best players the most and just win and when big when you can.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 02:50 PM   #10
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
In their last two games, Colgate lost @ the #318 KenPom team (Niagara) by 11 and needed to overcome a double-digit deficit in the 2nd half to beat the #281 KenPom team by 8 at home.

Not to say that this current team isn't vulnerable enough to lose to anybody, but I expect us to win by 15+ even without an A-effort.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote