Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-25-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Current recruiting

We don't have a lot of updates in the recruiting threads (at the moment) but there are a lot of players we are looking at. I thought it might be a good idea to post a recruiting thread in the general BB discussion to follow and discuss some of the latest visits and news. At least until we get someone who can follow and update the recruiting threads on a daily basis. Not me...lol

So we could discuss Harvey, Galloway or Iriel here etc. Even 2021 and later guys like McMillan. Who are we offering etc.

Just trying to start topics so it's not all jumbled up into 1 thread.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:21 AM   #2
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
We don't have a lot of updates in the recruiting threads (at the moment) but there are a lot of players we are looking at. I thought it might be a good idea to post a recruiting thread in the general BB discussion to follow and discuss some of the latest visits and news. At least until we get someone who can follow and update the recruiting threads on a daily basis. Not me...lol

So we could discuss Harvey, Galloway or Iriel here etc. Even 2021 and later guys like McMillan. Who are we offering etc.

Just trying to start topics so it's not all jumbled up into 1 thread.
Thank you , and moving forward.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #3
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
Thank you , and moving forward.
Galloway played with Saunders and coached by Saunders SR
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #4
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Lot's of competition but at least we are in the discussion and we do have the Saunders tie which can't hurt.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:45 AM   #5
waterhead
Senior Moderator

So far I am really liking what I hear about Gee and Morris. I am sure Dwyer is doing his part as well. But it seems Gee has built some relationships and Morris seems to be able to connect with players. I liked seeing a recent pic of Morris playing ball with Harvey with nobody else in the gym.

CJB is the closer but these other guys are the "set up men". I like what I hear about Brannen using video of his system in conjunction with the players videos to show them just how their style fits in. I don't recall hearing that much with Cronin. It seems to be working.
Old 06-25-2019, 10:40 AM   #6
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Him and leal are Indiana kids with Indiana offers. Going to be hard to get them.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:57 AM   #7
cincyguy13
Epic Member

I’m going to assume we have 6 scholarships next. Obviously, we should try to get the best players we can. I’d imagine 3-4 high schoolers. A transfer or grad transfer, and pocket a scholarship just in case.
Old 06-25-2019, 11:57 AM   #8
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I’m going to assume we have 6 scholarships next. Obviously, we should try to get the best players we can. I’d imagine 3-4 high schoolers. A transfer or grad transfer, and pocket a scholarship just in case.
Sounds reasonable. Have to even out the classes and the transfers make that a lot easier than it used to be. Get it to 11 or 12 spots filled and then see what pops up late. Always save the 13th spot for a late reclassify (ala Harvey) or late portal entry unless we can fill it with quality before hand.

I like that Brannen wants to get the most work done in the early period so he doesn't have to scramble or take projects late. I like that he is a volume guy as far as getting kids on campus as opposed to zeroing in on 1 or two guys and possibly missing on them.

Seems like a full 180 in recruiting style to Cronin as far as I can tell. Get more irons in the fire, get them early, and look offense more than defense.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:52 AM   #9
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Next year they loose Sorolla, McNeal, both Cumberlands and Tre Scott. Then possibly a transfer or two (maybe). So with the open scholarship now that would be 6. Mike Saunders will take one so that brings it down to 5, so as everyone know this 2020 class will have to be special. I am a fan of leaving an open scholly open for "Zach Harvey" situations.

I would love to get either Kalkbrenner or Loveday, Patrick Iriel of John Hugley and then Trey Galloway and Anthoney Leal to round out the class... Do I think this will happen... probably not but a guy can hope. Either way I think we get a few of the guys I named. Also maybe a grad transfer depending on team needs at the time.

Also on this Zach Harvey thing I still see these so called experts picking him to come here, either way I am over it at this point... I hope he comes but if he doesn't oh well I am ready to ride with the team they have right now. I know it doesn't matter what I think but damn I just want to know what's going on regardless if he goes to UC or not haha.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:03 AM   #10
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Next year they loose Sorolla, McNeal, both Cumberlands and Tre Scott. Then possibly a transfer or two (maybe). So with the open scholarship now that would be 6. Mike Saunders will take one so that brings it down to 5, so as everyone know this 2020 class will have to be special. I am a fan of leaving an open scholly open for "Zach Harvey" situations.

I would love to get either Kalkbrenner or Loveday, Patrick Iriel of John Hugley and then Trey Galloway and Anthoney Leal to round out the class... Do I think this will happen... probably not but a guy can hope. Either way I think we get a few of the guys I named. Also maybe a grad transfer depending on team needs at the time.

Also on this Zach Harvey thing I still see these so called experts picking him to come here, either way I am over it at this point... I hope he comes but if he doesn't oh well I am ready to ride with the team they have right now. I know it doesn't matter what I think but damn I just want to know what's going on regardless if he goes to UC or not haha.
I would take Harvey even if he came late and redshirted next year. I think that would be a good situation for him. Get stronger and practice a year. Not sure if any of that will happen.