Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-25-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
'12 MI WR David Perkins

Wide Receiver
Kalamazoo, MI (Kalamazoo Central)

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 198 lbs
40: 4.54
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:07 AM   #2
JasonS
Football Moderator

JasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura aboutJasonS has a spectacular aura about
One of the top receivers at Steve Clarkson's Dreammaker camp in Chicago was Kalamazoo Central (Mich.) sophomore David Perkins, whose size and ability had camp administrators wondering if he had a birth certificate with him.

It did not take long to pick David Perkins out of the receivers group on Saturday. He was the most physically imposing player on the field, and imagine everyone's surprise when they found out he was in the class of 2012.
The Kalamazoo Central product played varsity a year ago, but was somewhat limited.

"I had a lingering injury, but when I did play, I was productive. I played wide receiver and defensive end."

Perkins is now out to prove he is a name colleges need to know. He recently had a great performance at a National Underclassman Combine, running a 4.54 forty at just under 6'2, 198-lbs.

He says so far, the schools he hears most from are Michigan State, Wisconsin, Cincinnati and Central Michigan, and it is on those campuses, and others this summer, that he hopes to make a name for himself.

"Michigan State, Cincinnati and Central Michigan invited me to their camps and senior days. I'm going to National Underclassman Top 100, and after that, I'll probably go to any and every senior day I can."

Perkins definitely has the build, and ability to play in college, and he should begin hearing from many more schools soon. He says he has a list of ones he hopes will get in contact.

"I would love to hear from Michigan, Ohio State, Florida, Texas, USC, Oregon, schools like that...Big Ten, Pac-10, Big 12 schools."

http://cincinnati.scout.com/2/972166.html
JasonS is offline   Reply With Quote