Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome of the UConn game?
UC wins by 15+ 16 50.00%
UC wins by 9-14 10 31.25%
UC wins by 1-8 4 12.50%
UConn wins 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2018, 06:42 PM   #11
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Game is Saturday at noon on ESPN2
So I need to leave to coach my son's team at halftime. How long does it normally take ESPN to put the replay up on their website? And do they do that for all their games or just the ones from ESPN?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:12 AM   #12
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
This line might be more like 16.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:50 AM   #13
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
So I need to leave to coach my son's team at halftime. How long does it normally take ESPN to put the replay up on their website? And do they do that for all their games or just the ones from ESPN?
The game will be live streamed from the Watch ESPN website so that means as soon as the live broadcast ends, the replay will become immediately available on their site.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 06:53 AM   #14
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
The only thing I want to see is a 12-4 lead or something of the sort by the under 16 timeout. Figure out why we start games so slow and put an end to it. As much fun as Wednesday's game was, I really don't enjoy being down 18 points.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 07:56 AM   #15
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
The only thing I want to see is a 12-4 lead or something of the sort by the under 16 timeout. Figure out why we start games so slow and put an end to it. As much fun as Wednesday's game was, I really don't enjoy being down 18 points.
This has been an on going trend for weeks now. Obviously not to the degree of an 18 point deficit but our slow starts. At what point does Cronin identify something about our starting lineup just isn't getting it going to start games? Is it as simple as Broome starting over Jennifer? I don't know but these starts will kill us against better competition.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:08 AM   #16
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
This has been an on going trend for weeks now. Obviously not to the degree of an 18 point deficit but our slow starts. At what point does Cronin identify something about our starting lineup just isn't getting it going to start games? Is it as simple as Broome starting over Jennifer? I don't know but these starts will kill us against better competition.
Idk about the slow starts but Broome needs to play better no matter when he's in. His passing has left a lot to be desired. He gets very sloppy.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:21 AM   #17
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Is it the lineup or the offense? I’m asking cause I don’t know. I’d start Broome to help set the pace for sure, but I also wonder if we shouldn’t just be starting the game through Gary. Maybe we hve been I haven’t been paying that close attention.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:36 AM   #18
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Is it the lineup or the offense? I’m asking cause I don’t know. I’d start Broome to help set the pace for sure, but I also wonder if we shouldn’t just be starting the game through Gary. Maybe we hve been I haven’t been paying that close attention.
We have been gong inside but in some cases we have not finished. Regardless who starts the game we need to take care of the ball and hit some shots.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:42 AM   #19
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Idk about the slow starts but Broome needs to play better no matter when he's in. His passing has left a lot to be desired. He gets very sloppy.
Your right. It has been a much bigger transition for him then many have realized. Scoring 20 a game when you don't have to involve your teammates is not nearly as hard as running a game plan and executing your offense. Plus he has to guard now. Fans fall in love with splash or wow plays and some overlook what really is needed to win the game. If he plays good defense and takes care of the ball and scores in the flow if the game we will be fine. When he is in the game with Evans, Cumberland, Kyle and Gary he isn't and shouldn't be the first option on offense.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #20
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Your right. It has been a much bigger transition for him then many have realized. Scoring 20 a game when you don't have to involve your teammates is not nearly as hard as running a game plan and executing your offense. Plus he has to guard now. Fans fall in love with splash or wow plays and some overlook what really is needed to win the game. If he plays good defense and takes care of the ball and scores in the flow if the game we will be fine. When he is in the game with Evans, Cumberland, Kyle and Gary he isn't and shouldn't be the first option on offense.
I get what you're saying but why would Cronin recruit an established scoring point guard and tout his offensive abilities the entire past year, only to put him in for d and assist?
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote