Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2019, 11:46 AM   #131
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
BROWNELL

I suggest Brad Brownell--Clemson---from Evansville and you never know when he would like to get back in area--coached at Wright State---Why Not?
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:40 PM   #132
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
I suggest Brad Brownell--Clemson---from Evansville and you never know when he would like to get back in area--coached at Wright State---Why Not?
He’s better then mick Cronin?
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:43 PM   #133
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
He’s better then mick Cronin?
Is Cronin a candidate for the job? Move on, he has...by his own doing, his decision to leave. “Dream job” hahahaha
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #134
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Kenny Smith
Jeff van gundy
Rick
NVE

We need one of these guys on list. Need a face for recruiting. The X and O guys are the up and coming coaches they all over place, we can get them for cheap and just attach UC brand to their names. Top recruits trying get to NBA by all means possible. Demarr only NBA guy on our bench in 13yr. Time get the NBA guys on bench. Look at top teams in our league. They rolling with ex NBA guys
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:45 PM   #135
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Are there any high major coaches that are at non traditional basketball schools that we could consider? Richard Pitino, Ed Cooley, Steve Prohm, Bobby Hurley, Shaka Smart, Scott Drew are some names that I would think could be interested in coming to a program with our tradition, facilities, and relative low pressure job.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 12:52 PM   #136
Cin City

Cin City is on a distinguished road
Maybe I'm overthinking here...which I've been known to do...but I really think we could be in trouble. Crucial hire. We have a good team coming back and really need to utilize that and capitalize on that for the CULTURE of future teams.

I'm actually very apathetic.

I am advocating for Rick Pitino. Never thought I would in this life...but timing is critical and I don't want to take a step back when/IF conference realignment is a possibility in 3-5 years.

Memphis, Houston, UCF, and UC are the cream of the proverbial crop in the AAC with football and basketball. Houston and Memphis have solidified bball and football for the time being. UCF is in good shape football wise--bball is coming off most successful season in program history and, as of now, Dawkins is still the coach. Until they falter, I'll include them as an upward trending team. Don't sleep on USF either...

Critical time. Crucial hire. I'm going to choose to be scared until I am not.

I'm 35. Counting AK we've had 3 coaches in 30 years...some of you young bucks should worry...shit can get bad. Real bad.

If we muck this up...the pecking order might make some of us very very sad.

Criticize me if you must. This board is pretty good at that.
Cin City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:43 PM   #137
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
No I was told for years that we could get a better coach than Mick Cronin at Cincinnati.

So yes, I will hold every single coach to that standard at minimum

My first question is always going to be: is he better than MC? if not, then we can do better. Next guy
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:52 PM   #138
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No I was told for years that we could get a better coach than Mick Cronin at Cincinnati.

My first question is always going to be: is he better than MC? if not, then we can do better. Next guy

we'll see if we can get to 1 sweet 16 in the next 13 years. if yes then we didn't slip too far.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #139
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

They cant do better before they have even coached a game. You're writing them off before they start.

once again, he left.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:25 PM   #140
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Would you take making the tourney every single year like mick has, winning the league and conference tourney a few times as well but having just 1 sweet 16

Vs

having Frank Martin... Who's been at SC for 6 years and missed the tourney in 5 of 6 years, but made it to the final four 1 season?

For me... i take Mick all day long.. Because I enjoy being relevant every year.
I would take mick if these are my only options. I think there is a middle ground here
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote