Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2019, 09:07 AM   #1291
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I’m talking about hearing anything from the kid. We usually hear something right after chad post something. We have heard nothing yet. Just strange
I think with Vogt the first notice of coming news happened during the afternoon. This one came during the evening. Maybe the kid wanted to make the announcement during the day for full effect? Who knows.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:37 AM   #1292
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Here is an interesting post from a MN board last night at 9:00 pm.

Let it be known that I'm calling this right now- Mika Adams-Woods will commit here. Coffey was our starting PG last year and average like 35 mpg, hard not to lick your lips at all that playing time up for grabs.

So at least we have a silver-lining.

Someone is going to be getting their butt hurt and I hope it's not us...lol!
Old 05-30-2019, 09:40 AM   #1293
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I’m talking about hearing anything from the kid. We usually hear something right after chad post something. We have heard nothing yet. Just strange

Its a very weird situation. We will only know if its true if he picks Minnesota instead. If he still chooses cincinnati, even if he had 2nd thoughts, we will never know, because it will just be told that he was expected all along to announce a few days later.

To me, in the early stages of a new coach, Insider access is more just censored access that only paints things in a positive light. If something bad happens, Im not sure it would ever get out just because no one wants to lose their access. Basically insider access is just state ran media. I take nearly everything in these early stages with a grain of salt.

Lets just get the guy signed and move on to Jaevin.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 09:58 AM   #1294
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Its a very weird situation. We will only know if its true if he picks Minnesota instead. If he still chooses cincinnati, even if he had 2nd thoughts, we will never know, because it will just be told that he was expected all along to announce a few days later.

To me, in the early stages of a new coach, Insider access is more just censored access that only paints things in a positive light. If something bad happens, Im not sure it would ever get out just because no one wants to lose their access. Basically insider access is just state ran media. I take nearly everything in these early stages with a grain of salt.

Lets just get the guy signed and move on to Jaevin.
I think the kid deleted a tweet from yesterday also. I wouldn’t think that is a great sign
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:14 AM   #1295
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Here is an interesting post from a MN board last night at 9:00 pm.

Let it be known that I'm calling this right now- Mika Adams-Woods will commit here. Coffey was our starting PG last year and average like 35 mpg, hard not to lick your lips at all that playing time up for grabs.

So at least we have a silver-lining.

Someone is going to be getting their butt hurt and I hope it's not us...lol!
I get playing in the Big Ten is probably a bigger draw than the AAC but if it's playing time vs. playing time we literally lost all 3 PG on our team and don't have any right now.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #1296
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I think the kid deleted a tweet from yesterday also. I wouldn’t think that is a great sign
Probably best to just wait and see. Not much point in speculating right now. WE don't even know for sure who it is. Let alone why it's taking more time than fans want it to.

We are getting ahead of ourselves here...

The news is sure to come soon good or bad...worrying isn't going to change the outcome. Unless it's Jaevin...the outcome is likely not a game changer either way.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:22 AM   #1297
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
I get playing in the Big Ten is probably a bigger draw than the AAC but if it's playing time vs. playing time we literally lost all 3 PG on our team and don't have any right now.
I would like to think we are a more attractive b-ball school than Minnesota but I just watched us lose to a 10 seeded Iowa team. So I have no idea where we stand.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #1298
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Probably best to just wait and see. Not much point in speculating right now. WE don't even know for sure who it is. Let alone why it's taking more time than fans want it to.

We are getting ahead of ourselves here...

The news is sure to come soon good or bad...worrying isn't going to change the outcome. Unless it's Jaevin...the outcome is likely not a game changer either way.
Yeah, MAW is one of quite a few PG's we have been recruiting and he doesn't really stick out from the pack. I'd be glad if he signed with us, but a miss isn't the end of the world. As long as we get one of the PG options we should be fine. If we miss on everyone, then we have a problem. Supposedly Jaevin should be committing soon (today or tomorrow), so maybe the dancing bearcat is actually for him.

Though if we don't hear anything more by the end of today, I will start to wonder if the coaching staff messed up and put up the dancing bearcat too soon.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 10:23 AM   #1299
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Hahaha...that is what I thought. If he or she is basing their prediction on playing time it really doesn't hold water unless Jarron is in fact switching positions. Even then...probably still plenty of playing time to be had. And he's a frosh....so there are no guarantees he will see the court anywhere for major minutes. Just thought it was interesting because of the timing.
Old 05-30-2019, 10:27 AM   #1300
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Anyway..

Im working.. but also at the same time watching the UC vs Houston AAC championship again.

Man, I do I love Jarron Cumberland. That dude was a beast
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote