Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 06-20-2019, 10:48 AM   #1701
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
Prince Toyambi??????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

I just watched an AAU game video which he played in 2018. I wont say that I was impressed but in the right system this guy could flourish. He was on a team full of ball dominating guards, which leads me to believe he was there for rebounding their shots only.

We signed him to become Ellie N 2.0, which was a disservice to his athletic ability. The good thing is he red shirted, got stronger and with that comes confidence.

Brannen keeps signing guys with handles and court vision, thus giving the possibility of Prince becoming an finisher from receiving passes. Give me 5pts and 6 rebs a game year 1 out of Prince.
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:55 AM   #1702
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
You say Tre Scott. I see poor man demarr Johnson. Demarr wanted nothing to do with the paint. In 2-3yrs if hardnett could've given us Johnson production as a freshman I'll take it. Demarr wanted to play like tmac or kobe, hardnett has that type mindset also.
Maybe you are right and maybe everyone else is wrong but it is safe to say, you are the only person in America that sees any demarr Johnson’s in him. Maybe you are smarter and a see talent better than every single college coach. Time will tell.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:04 AM   #1703
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
i can see him adding a shot in couple yrs but as of right now he's small ball 5.
From the ppl in the actual know. Hes Tres backup....at the 4
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:17 AM   #1704
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
Prince Toyambi??????????????????????????????????????????? ????????

I just watched an AAU game video which he played in 2018. I wont say that I was impressed but in the right system this guy could flourish. He was on a team full of ball dominating guards, which leads me to believe he was there for rebounding their shots only.

We signed him to become Ellie N 2.0, which was a disservice to his athletic ability. The good thing is he red shirted, got stronger and with that comes confidence.

Brannen keeps signing guys with handles and court vision, thus giving the possibility of Prince becoming an finisher from receiving passes. Give me 5pts and 6 rebs a game year 1 out of Prince.
His body type reminds me of Semi Ojeley more so than Hicks/Maxiel.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #1705
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsamemario View Post
From the ppl in the actual know. Hes Tres backup....at the 4
Interesting. If Tre is starting 4 what do people in the know say is starting at the 5? Diara or Sorolla? And then if we start two bigs who is starting PG McNeal or Cumberland?

Many fans speculate a starting 5 of Scott, Cumberland, Williams, Cumberland, and McNeal. Some speculate two bigs a PG with either Williams or Jaevin coming off bench. Some speculate two bigs with both Cumberlands and Williams on the floor.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:30 AM   #1706
Loser Mentality

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Interesting. If Tre is starting 4 what do people in the know say is starting at the 5? Diara or Sorolla? And then if we start two bigs who is starting PG McNeal or Cumberland?

Many fans speculate a starting 5 of Scott, Cumberland, Williams, Cumberland, and McNeal. Some speculate two bigs a PG with either Williams or Jaevin coming off bench. Some speculate two bigs with both Cumberlands and Williams on the floor.

A starting position is for Williams to lose at this point. Of course I don't know, but I would suspect Keith was told this was his team, with all the Pre departures and departures. I think some are giving the other Cumberland a little too much credit because he can shoot. He has yet to face AAC Defense which over the years have adjusted to be on the same level as UC, that will make a difference. IJS
The 5 spot will and should be by committee.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:44 AM   #1707
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
A starting position is for Williams to lose at this point. Of course I don't know, but I would suspect Keith was told this was his team, with all the Pre departures and departures. I think some are giving the other Cumberland a little too much credit because he can shoot. He has yet to face AAC Defense which over the years have adjusted to be on the same level as UC, that will make a difference. IJS
The 5 spot will and should be by committee.
I think Keith has to start, I am not sold on McNeal. He's played 2 full years of basketball in 5 years and his last full D1 season was below average. I am glad he is on the team and I think he may have to start if Jarron doesn't play some point. I think a lot of these players are going to have to check there egos at the door... I.E Sorolla, Jaevin, McNeal etc due to the fact that they all were starters for formers teams and Jaevin the 2nd best player on his Oakland team, they all moved up to a better conference and only 5 players can start on a UC team that has 3 returning starters.

We have definitely enhanced our bench and some of these guys are going to have to embrace there roles off the bench and make the most of there minutes. A perfect example is Cane Broome, he was supposed to come in and take Jenifers spot and he didn't but Cane did his thing, he didn't pout and was huge off the bench for UC last year.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:53 AM   #1708
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by juckerrules View Post
Does anyone have any real knowledge of where Toyambi is in his development? He could be such an important piece to this team, but I don't have any kind of handle on what his skill set is, how much he has worked on his game during his redshirt year. Can he be a 10-15 minute kind of player? More? Less?
Chad was on Mo Eggers show a few weeks ago and talked about how Prince will likely be a contributor this year. He stated Hardnett still wasn't ready, not to expect much, and was unlikely to get much playing time this year.

I heard from some guy TheRealMick that Hardnett was going to be our MVP this year and Prince is a bum so I really don't know what to believe!
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 11:57 AM   #1709
Loser Mentality

Why does Jarron play PG? Maybe in Cronin's offense, I just don't think we will see as much ball domination from Jarron this year. Think about it, if Jarron had good enough handles would he have returned to UC? He'd be in the draft tonight.

We've watched Jarron for 3 years use bulldozing as Option 1 to drive versus slick dribbling to get an easier shot. I bet 50% of Jarron's fouls were offensive fouls in his career at UC.

If Brannen is about spacing and taking the first available good shot, Jarron will not be the point guard.

Just an honest opinion
Old 06-20-2019, 12:08 PM   #1710
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

Ideally i think we start games off with traditional PG and C. Depending on game flow we can bring back ups in before or after 1st tv timeout. I dont won't the grad C playing over 12-15min game.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote