Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #1
Michael Perry

Michael Perry is on a distinguished road
Media coverage

You may or may not have heard that Bill Koch, a former co-worker and veteran of covering UC sports for several decades, will be leaving the Cincinnati Enquirer before the end of the year. Bill is a friend who knows so much about the program, its players and its history.

A replacement beat reporter has not been named. I am curious to see what happens with the coverage.

Your thoughts?
Michael Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Hearing it is likely Tom Groeschen will take over the beat with a second writer to work on a part time basis from football camp through the bowl game. They are basically taking the beat from two full timers with one covering each sport to a full timer covering both with a focus on hoops and a part timer to help with football. Just what I've been hearing through the grape vine...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:40 PM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Hearing it is likely Tom Groeschen will take over the beat with a second writer to work on a part time basis from football camp through the bowl game. They are basically taking the beat from two full timers with one covering each sport to a full timer covering both with a focus on hoops and a part timer to help with football. Just what I've been hearing through the grape vine...
Good luck to all involved in their future endeavors.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 07:58 PM   #4
Michael Perry

Michael Perry is on a distinguished road
Interesting, Chad. Not surprising. Football and basketball used to be one beat. I think the Mark Dantonio and Brian Kelly eras demanded a re-examination of that.
Michael Perry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Perry View Post
Interesting, Chad. Not surprising. Football and basketball used to be one beat. I think the Mark Dantonio and Brian Kelly eras demanded a re-examination of that.
Agreed. Glad they didn't totally reduce it back to one and will at least have two guys working through the bulk of the action...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 10:18 PM   #6
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Koch may be a nice guy, but he has been a terrible beat writer for UC basketball. His negative tone reminds me of L-T.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote