Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 03-31-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
'12 Transfer (Rice) PG Dylan Ennis

Wanted to put this on the 2012 tab since I received email verification of the interest and it is being reported elsewhere as well:

Rice guard Dylan Ennis is considering transferring to Villanova, Oregon, UVA, Virginia Tech, Memphis, Wake Forest or Cincinnati, per Tony McIntyre of CIA Bounce.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/03/31/o...ts/#more-70561

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 03-31-2012 at 11:44 PM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:42 PM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
When I originally posted he was transferring in the "Name to follow?" thread I said I hope UC takes a hard look at him. Glad to see the interest.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

As a freshman he averaged:

MPG: 26.5
PPG: 8.5
RPG: 4.3
APG: 4.1
SPG: 1.1
TPG: 2.6
FG%: .435
FT%: .664
3PT%: .354
Old 04-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
So since he is transferring does that mean he would not be eligible until 2013?
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:09 AM   #5
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
http://www.chron.com/sports/rice/art...to-3436475.php

Quote:
Ennis was selected to the Conference USA All-Freshman team after averaging 8.5 points, 4.3 rebounds and 4.1 assists to help lead the Owls to their first winning season and postseason appearance since 2005.

Ennis said his decision to transfer was based on moving closer to his family in Brampton, Ontario, just outside of Toronto. He left home at 14 to pursue his basketball career in New York, then Chicago and Houston.

"I've been away from home a long time," Ennis said. "I was just thinking I want my family there. They were only able to see three games (this season), and that really bothered me because the distance is so far."

Ennis said he has not put together a list of potential schools because he wanted to "be respectful and finish out the year with Rice." As part of his release, Ennis has told the Rice coaching staff he will not transfer to another C-USA school.

"You never know where you can end up," Ennis said. "I'm really open to all schools right now. If the possibility comes I can get closer to home, I will definitely try to do that."

Asked if he would reconsider if unable to find a suitable destination closer to home, Ennis said: "I won't be in a Rice uniform next year."
Seems like he simply wants to play closer to home so his family can come see him play more often. Not sure Cincinnati is close enough to Ontario or New York for him to seriously consider. Always good when a kid makes the All-Frosh team, though. 26 minutes per game as a frosh at any top 8 conference school is pretty impressive.

Plus he has to sit out a year, which would play well for UC in terms of the guard position. He'd sit out next year, Cash's senior year, and be in the mix at PG his soph year against Guyn.

He was only a frosh, but in games at Texas (3 pts.), at Memphis (0 pts.), and at home against Temple (7 pts.), he didn't really rise to the occasion, while playing 21 minutes or more in all of those games.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

I believe he was top 5 in assists in C-USA as a frosh.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

I think UC may be in top 3. Dylan and His Father are setting visits up over the next 2-3 days so we shoud hear soon if UC gets one. How great would it be to land Dyaln and his brother Ennis?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Is his brother Tyler Ennis?
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:44 AM   #9
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegreatone View Post
Is his brother Tyler Ennis?
Yes.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #10
Thegreatone
Epic Member

Thegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura aboutThegreatone has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
I think UC may be in top 3. Dylan and His Father are setting visits up over the next 2-3 days so we shoud hear soon if UC gets one. How great would it be to land Dyaln and his brother Ennis?
Any idea on the other top choices Jeff?
Thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote