Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-05-2012, 08:14 AM   #1
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
'12 VA Corban Collins (Offer)

3 star player, 6'3" 190 lbs, Has very good ball skills and is a good passer. He is a decent shooter who rebounds from the perimeter and shows good strength at the rim. He averaged 25 points, eight assists and six rebounds per game as a junior. Mick has taken a personal interest and offered.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 05-23-2012 at 09:35 AM.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
3 star player, 6'3" 190 lbs, Has very good ball skills and is a good passer. He is a decent shhoter who rebounds from the perimeter and shows good strength at the rim. He averaged 25 points, eight assists and six rebounds per game as a junior. Mick has taken a personal interest and offered.
Jeff, is he considered a PG or SG?
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Old 05-05-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME80 View Post
Jeff, is he considered a PG or SG?
I would call him a combo G who has the ability to run the point.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 05-05-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:49 PM   #5
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Alex Kline‏@TheRecruitScoop

RT @DaveTelep: 2013 Massanutten (VA) PG Corbin Collins is now 2012. LSU, Virginia Tech, Central Florida & Cincinnati have offered.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Would love to see him jump in as a 2012 recruit.

But Collins doesn't need the extra year like Brutus -- a late qualifier who's already compiled a list of offers from NCAA Division I schools including Arkansas, Tennessee, George Washington and Charlotte. Collins, already academically eligible to play in college next year, has offers in hand from Virginia Tech and Miami. Still, he's considering coming back to MMA for a postgraduate year.

"Every day I'm getting pushed," Collins said. "At my other school, it was just like kids that were there played just to play. Here, everyone was the best on their team. So we're all good and we get pushed every day in practice.

"As far as competition-wise, every game if you don't bring your best you can lose. We're playing the best of the best, all the best schools, all the best competition -- most of the time, the schools we play have five or six Division I players signed already. You have to bring your 'A' game."

http://www.nvdaily.com/sports/2012/0...ing-print.html
Old 05-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #7
Bearcat04
Elite Member

Bearcat04 is on a distinguished road
DeAnte' Mitchell ‏ @CollegiateHoops

PG Corban Collins confirmed he is now apart of 2012. Will be great late addition for any program looking for a PG.
Bearcat04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:47 PM   #8
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Would love to see him jump in as a 2012 recruit.

But Collins doesn't need the extra year like Brutus -- a late qualifier who's already compiled a list of offers from NCAA Division I schools including Arkansas, Tennessee, George Washington and Charlotte. Collins, already academically eligible to play in college next year, has offers in hand from Virginia Tech and Miami. Still, he's considering coming back to MMA for a postgraduate year.

"Every day I'm getting pushed," Collins said. "At my other school, it was just like kids that were there played just to play. Here, everyone was the best on their team. So we're all good and we get pushed every day in practice.

"As far as competition-wise, every game if you don't bring your best you can lose. We're playing the best of the best, all the best schools, all the best competition -- most of the time, the schools we play have five or six Division I players signed already. You have to bring your 'A' game."

http://www.nvdaily.com/sports/2012/0...ing-print.html
jeff- would you say the staff is of the opinion that neither guyn nor davis are not going to be suitable options as full time point guards when wright leaves?
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
jeff- would you say the staff is of the opinion that neither guyn nor davis are not going to be suitable options as full time point guards when wright leaves?
I think Davis needs more time to contribute at the pg position (if he isn't moved to 2 guard) and that Guyn will never be an offensive threat from the point. Plus, in this system you need depth at guard. A guy like Collins can score and play either guard position is valuable. After this season you're looking at Kilpatrick, if he truly stays 2 years, Guyn and Davis, so it is prudent to sign a guard in 2012 if he can contribute and play high D1 ball. A lot of people think he will be a very nice late pick up for someone. Played against good competition and he can score.

Last edited by bearcat jeff; 05-23-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop
RT @DaveTelep: 2013 Massanutten (VA) PG Corbin Collins is now 2012. LSU, Virginia Tech, Central Florida & Cincinnati have offered.