Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 05-17-2012, 10:37 PM   #11
dp3113
Elite Member

dp3113 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
William Gunter ‏@WillGunter247
Per Montrezl Harrell father Sam, early schools under consideration. Florida, UK, Louisville, NCState and Bama. List could change.
big boys are involved here. i wouldn't expect uc to be a legit landing spot.
dp3113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 07:37 AM   #12
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp3113 View Post
big boys are involved here. i wouldn't expect uc to be a legit landing spot.
Of course not.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:13 PM   #13
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
I'm sure he has more moves, but I watched a youtube clip of him and all he seemed to do was dunk. I did not see one jumpshot or layup. Hmmm.
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:00 PM   #14
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
The Washington Post writes that the list reportedly includes Kentucky, N.C. State, Pitt and Cincinnati.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #15
ucdave

ucdave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
The Washington Post writes that the list reportedly includes Kentucky, N.C. State, Pitt and Cincinnati.
No Louisville? I thought he was visiting them at the end of this month. Wonder if that was cancelled.
ucdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #16
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
When Seth Greenberg was fired last month from Virginia Tech, ESPN 100 power forward Montrezl Harrell (Tarboro, N.C./Hargrave Military) announced he would ask out of his scholarship. After a prolonged period, he was finally released from his letter of intent.

Now that Harrell is free to weigh his options, five programs are in the mix -- Louisville, Florida, Kentucky, Alabama and N.C. State.

Louisville has a unique tie because current Cardinals assistant Kevin Keatts was the head coach at Hargrave Military Academy when Harrell initially agreed to spend his senior season in Chatman. When Keatts left for Louisville, his protégé at Hargrave Military Academy, A.W. Hamilton, kept Harrell and coached him last season. Harrell will visit Louisville on May 31, according to the Rocky Mountain Telegram.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...st%3fid%3d5024
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #17
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Louisville was mentioned in another part of the story I posted.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
mplebanon
Elite Member

mplebanon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
When Seth Greenberg was fired last month from Virginia Tech, ESPN 100 power forward Montrezl Harrell (Tarboro, N.C./Hargrave Military) announced he would ask out of his scholarship. After a prolonged period, he was finally released from his letter of intent.

Now that Harrell is free to weigh his options, five programs are in the mix -- Louisville, Florida, Kentucky, Alabama and N.C. State.

Louisville has a unique tie because current Cardinals assistant Kevin Keatts was the head coach at Hargrave Military Academy when Harrell initially agreed to spend his senior season in Chatman. When Keatts left for Louisville, his protégé at Hargrave Military Academy, A.W. Hamilton, kept Harrell and coached him last season. Harrell will visit Louisville on May 31, according to the Rocky Mountain Telegram.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...st%3fid%3d5024
That pretty much seals the deal for Louisville, IMO. Whatever happened with that Hood kid that was transferring from Mississippi State? Did he pick a school to transfer to yet?
mplebanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:38 AM   #19
Eternal E
Banned

Eternal E is on a distinguished road
Still think Harrell will end up at Kentucky. Louisville doesn't have any scholarships, but I think Buckles is going to go on a medical scholarship, so those two will will be the favorites.
Eternal E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:00 AM   #20
bearcatrunner

bearcatrunner is on a distinguished road
He is a top 100 recruit who signed to play at southern miss. Doesn't sound like someone who is out for the big name to me. UC is definatley a big step up from Souther Miss but not overly a media darling like UK. Maybe the guy wants to play for a program that is more down to earth.
bearcatrunner is offline   Reply With Quote