Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #91
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
For some posters on the board, we could be 32-0 and it wouldn’t be enough.

We’re 29-4 with 5 tier 1 wins and a winning record in tier 1 games and we’re still questioning the cosch?

I truly believe that the overall cincinnati sports landscape over the past 25 years has jaded a huge portion of the fan base and they are incapable of being happy with a team.

Everyone had their issues with the team but maybe lets embrace the place we’re in right now. Maybe be insanely thrilled that we won’t be underseeded, and will be a protected seed for the first time in years.

Enjoy the ride guys. In a few weeks we’re going to wish it was still basketball season again.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:04 AM   #92
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
For some posters on the board, we could be 32-0 and it wouldn’t be enough.

We’re 29-4 with 5 tier 1 wins and a winning record in tier 1 games and we’re still questioning the cosch?

I truly believe that the overall cincinnati sports landscape over the past 25 years has jaded a huge portion of the fan base and they are incapable of being happy with a team.

Everyone had their issues with the team but maybe lets embrace the place we’re in right now. Maybe be insanely thrilled that we won’t be underseeded, and will be a protected seed for the first time in years.

Enjoy the ride guys. In a few weeks we’re going to wish it was still basketball season again.
I am enjoying the heck out of the season. Lots of things go into having this kind of success. With the current landscape in college athletics about maximizing earning potential and in our current posture outside the P-5 conference structure I am embracing this as a once in a great while opportunity. Couldn't be happier for team and coach. Every telecast the announcers reinforces in me how fortunate we are in having Coach Cronin lead our program.

You'll always have posters who think they know more then the coach. Forget the fact they have little if any experience coaching or have very little access to information needed to make such decisions. Practice, film or injuries as example.

But never forget that it's those people expressing those opinions that help put energy into the program and help make it the good time it has become. To each his own.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:05 AM   #93
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
I don't agree. I see lots of value in Cane coming off the bench. His play in his role has been a huge reason we are in the position we are in. Your analogy is speculative at best. The fact is we are having our best season in quite awhile doing coach's way.
Of course it's speculative. That's what an opinion is. I still don't see how that changes what I said. It's perfectly fair that you don't agree with me and I understand what you're saying. I just feel differently that we would be a better team if Jennifer was not the starter.

As to Justin and Waite - why do you feel there is some disconnect between being able to enjoy a season/be proud of our team and being able to say you think we could be better? Just because I have an opinion that isn't OUR TEAM IS THE GREATEST EVER AND CRONIN IS AN INFALLIBLE BASKETBALL GENIUS doesn't mean I don't respect Cronin for what he has done this year or haven't enjoyed it. Stop acting like coaches don't make mistakes. Pete Carroll is a great football coach and still made an bad move to throw the ball. Guess people can't say anything bad about that because "hey he's a football coach and knows way more then anyone in the world"?

Having been around college coaches for the majority of my 4 years at UC I can tell you with little doubt that they are in fact 1. Humans 2. Can be prideful and 3. Can make mistakes.

Last edited by Alum2013; 03-11-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #94
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Of course it's speculative. That's what an opinion is. I still don't see how that changes what I said. It's perfectly fair that you don't agree with me and I understand what you're saying. I just feel differently that we would be a better team if Jennifer was not the starter.

As to Justin and Waite - why do you feel there is some disconnect between being able to enjoy a season/be proud of our team and being able to say you think we could be better? Just because I have an opinion that isn't OUR TEAM IS THE GREATEST EVER AND CRONIN IS AN INFALLIBLE BASKETBALL GENIUS doesn't mean I don't respect Cronin for what he has done this year or haven't enjoyed it. Stop acting like coaches don't make mistakes. Pete Carroll is a great football coach and still made an bad move to throw the ball. Guess people can't say anything bad about that because "hey he's a football coach and knows way more then anyone in the world"?

Having been around college coaches for the majority of my 4 years at UC I can tell you with little doubt that they are in fact 1. Humans 2. Can be prideful and 3. Can make mistakes.
Don't think there is a disconnect at all. I think that is just part of the passion that makes the program great. What I don't like is when people try to paint a picture of Mick that isn't accurate. Your right every coach makes bad decisions. Part of the reason is he doesn't have the fans perspective of making his decisions after the fact. You know hindsight being 20/20. That is why I try to look at things in total. Regardless what happens from here on out this season it was a very enjoyable season for me. Don't misunderstand that statement I want to win every game but when I look back at the season I had a bunch of good times.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 11:19 AM   #95
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post

Agreed. However can't always look for negative spin or when there has been some adversity during this season (very little I might add) the haters come out the woodwork. It's been a great season. Hopefully we win today and get at least to the sweet 16. It's been a fun season either way.
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote