Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Old 08-21-2016, 01:28 PM   #21
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
So at 6'8, does his length make him play taller? Arms really long?
7'0" wingspan...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:28 PM   #22
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
Right. Just noting they didn't always go by Stackhouse Elite and played mostly in Canada as Northern Kings. Probably could have explained it better but doing 5 things at once at the moment...
So what is he a 3 or 4 star? Should we be happy about this, or like Jacob said is this a under whelming?
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #23
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
So what is he a 3 or 4 star? Should we be happy about this, or like Jacob said is this a under whelming?
He was the top center on their board after July. I didn't see him because they were at different events, but I know he really impressed both Mick and LD in Milwaukee and became a priority from there...
Chad Brendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:30 PM   #24
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
7'0" wingspan...
👌👌👌
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:32 PM   #25
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I feel like if he was a 4*, he'd be a 4*. If we actually use all of our scholarships this year, I won't complain about him being in the class. I just don't like tons of diamonds in the rough on a roster of 10-11 players.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:32 PM   #26
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
He was the top center on their board after July. I didn't see him because they were at different events, but I know he really impressed both Mick and LD in Milwaukee and became a priority from there...
Thanks..whose next?
Old 08-21-2016, 01:32 PM   #27
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
I feel like if he was a 4*, he'd be a 4*. If we actually use all of our scholarships this year, I won't complain about him being in the class. I just don't like tons of diamonds in the rough on a roster of 10-11 players.
I agree
Old 08-21-2016, 01:38 PM   #28
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Good to hear we are still involved with Epperson. Does him committing make any impact on Marcus Carr?
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:39 PM   #29
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree
The reason I said underwhelming is bc I'm looking for a HS "headliner" in each class. We've had that in Caupain, Clark, Evans, and hopefully Cumberland the last 4 years. Not sure who that guy is for this class. Williams or McNeill would be nice. Not sure if they're quite on that level, but if we actually have a full roster, I'd gladly accept that.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #30
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
The reason I said underwhelming is bc I'm looking for a HS "headliner" in each class. We've had that in Caupain, Clark, Evans, and hopefully Cumberland the last 4 years. Not sure who that guy is for this class. Williams or McNeill would be nice. Not sure if they're quite on that level, but if we actually have a full roster, I'd gladly accept that.
I feel like Williams could be that guy. I'll take a somewhat raw, high motor, defensive minded post player. We've got a number of guys who can score on the roster already - I'll take a big time rebounder & rim protector on the roster who can probably play the 4 or 5 position to go along with Brooks.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote