Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-11-2010, 11:43 AM   #1
cincyfan81

cincyfan81 is on a distinguished road
Big Ten Makes Official Offer

The Big Ten has asked Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, and Rutgers to the Big Ten. What does everyone think? I think the Big East will be just fine if this is the case. I also think they are expecting probably Notre Dame to turn them down. Wouldn't that put them at 15 teams if all four accepted which I would think they would ask one more team to get to 16 teams. It will interesting to see how this plays out.
cincyfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #2
BearcatAlum1
Elite Member

BearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura aboutBearcatAlum1 has a spectacular aura about
If they go to 14, the BigEast will remain solid.

If they go to 16, the BigEast might take a hit.

Rutgers isn't a stubstantial loss (average in football, bad in basketball) and Notre Dame has played the Big East as a loser since its inclusion (all sports in BE besides football).

As many have mentioned, I'd like to see if we can't cherry pick an ACC team (Boston College?) and add UCF, depending on what teams defect.
BearcatAlum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
cincyfan81

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearcatAlum1 View Post
If they go to 14, the BigEast will remain solid.

If they go to 16, the BigEast might take a hit.

Rutgers isn't a stubstantial loss (average in football, bad in basketball) and Notre Dame has played the Big East as a loser since its inclusion (all sports in BE besides football).

As many have mentioned, I'd like to see if we can't cherry pick an ACC team (Boston College?) and add UCF, depending on what teams defect.

I could definitely see Boston College leaving the ACC. I have heard multiple times that they have not been happy since they left the Big East. I think that would be a great pickup for the Big East.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #4
ImmortalIconForever

ImmortalIconForever is on a distinguished road
If it happens this way and the Big 12 loses 2, who do you think they look to add? There's no way they are happy with only 10.
ImmortalIconForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #5
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
They may have offered, but it doesn't mean it's finalized. Recruits get offered, then denied later. I would call it a soft offer unless I hear different. If they could find a way to get Texas, ND, and another team to join the Big10, then it would trump the above by about 10 fold.
I could see Texas and ND possibly joining if they get specific allowances given them. But who knows.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #6
Kingsley Court
Elite Member

Kingsley Court will become famous soon enough
Is there an official offer? I thought these were still rumors out of Mizzu
Kingsley Court is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #7
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
I honestly don't think anything is official until the school and the BigDigit comes to an agreement. Until then, there will be a state of flux with them vying for ND. Everything else is probably secondary, to be honest. Nebraska would help with ratings to be sure, but the rivalries are virtually non-existent...and would be manufactured.
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
cincyfan81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley Court View Post
Is there an official offer? I thought these were still rumors out of Mizzu
The 12pm SportsCenter started their show off with this story that the Big Ten had officially offered the four schools mentioned above.
Old 05-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #9
DontMissHim
Elite Member

DontMissHim will become famous soon enough
Andy Katz was on some ESPN program discussing this and said he had a source who has direct contact with this whole thing say "Think outside the Box" in terms of possible other teams. Teams mentioned were Maryland, GT, and Vandy. I would love to watch the tripple option in the Big Ten. Easily my second or third favorite team

"UC is a Low Major because they hang a banner for making the NCAA tournament"--Ralph
DontMissHim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #10
Daniel Drake

Daniel Drake is on a distinguished road
I think that Georgia Tech, Maryland, Boston College and Vandy all make more sense than Syracuse or Pitt.
Daniel Drake is offline   Reply With Quote