Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Bearcat Football
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2016, 07:52 PM   #61
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
Asking for trouble??? What does that mean?
There isn't much to define here. Rooting for OSU on a UC message board is trolling. Get off the subject. Period.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:41 PM   #62
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
It means take your Ohio State bullshit to BuckeyeTalk.com. This is a UC board...No one here gives a crap that you like Ohio State. So stop openly rooting for them on this board.
Wow that escalated quickly. I think it was just friendly back and forth trash talk. Waite is a class act and I appreciate all the mods.
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #63
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Wow that escalated quickly. I think it was just friendly back and forth trash talk. Waite is a class act and I appreciate all the mods.
Sorry I just have little/no tolerance for Ohio State and Xavier fans and I thought this board was a safe haven.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:45 PM   #64
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
I'd say this thread is done.

On here, we're all on the same team - rooting for the Cats!
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 11:02 PM   #65
insomniaisevil

insomniaisevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
no I don't. He responded to a post I mad and I expressed how terrible it was for him to see things that way.
...which is troll type behavior. Seriously, this is a UC board.
insomniaisevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:34 AM   #66
XgradforUC

XgradforUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Sorry I just have little/no tolerance for Ohio State and Xavier fans and I thought this board was a safe haven.
Sorry to hear this.....

I will never come HERE and root for anyone other than the Bearcats FOOTBALL team, I promise.
XgradforUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:42 AM   #67
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCat View Post
Not a issue. Time heals all wounds. I have two children who graduated from TOSU. One a athlete. Their experience and mine as a parent was great. Actually my son who is a block O member comes to UC football and Basketball games with me and cheers for the Cats. His home town team

If I offended anyone it was not my intention and I apologize As stated I did not start that thread I only stated my opinion.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:51 AM   #68
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
There isn't much to define here. Rooting for OSU on a UC message board is trolling. Get off the subject. Period.
Seriously? Some of you need to lighten the **** up. Can we not logically see how OSU being successful THIS YEAR helps the Bearcats. Their DC is our new head coach. We just went 4-8 in the AAC. Our recruiting classes have been dog shit. We went 7 consecutive quarters without scoring a damn touchdown. Coach Fick has a huge challenge ahead of him in rebuilding our culture and our roster. We have 9 commits out of the 25 allowed. If OSU wins a national title he gets to walk into kitchens and living rooms of recruits and say, "My defense just won another national title. Im in charge now. I know what it takes to make great players. Come be a part of my first class." THAT WILL SELL. That is the type of momentum a new coach can parlay into an incredible class. Every good Ohio recruit that doesnt go to the biggest blue blood programs (OSU, MSU, UM) are all going to Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Louisville, Purdue, and even Toledo. We need this pipeline back. I want coach Fick to have every advantage available to him because it is what is best for the BEARCATS. I hate OSU as much as the next UC fan but this year Ohio State's success is UC's gain. So when I say THIS YEAR I am rooting for the Ohio State buckeyes I am not trolling. I am making a logical argument that them having success will be good for the brand new coach and the team I care about. With that said, GO BUCKS!
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:56 AM   #69
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
Seriously? Some of you need to lighten the **** up. Can we not logically see how OSU being successful THIS YEAR helps the Bearcats. Their DC is our new head coach. We just went 4-8 in the AAC. Our recruiting classes have been dog shit. We went 7 consecutive quarters without scoring a damn touchdown. Coach Fick has a huge challenge ahead of him in rebuilding our culture and our roster. We have 9 commits out of the 25 allowed. If OSU wins a national title he gets to walk into kitchens and living rooms of recruits and say, "My defense just won another national title. Im in charge now. I know what it takes to make great players. Come be a part of my first class." THAT WILL SELL. That is the type of momentum a new coach can parlay into an incredible class. Every good Ohio recruit that doesnt go to the biggest blue blood programs (OSU, MSU, UM) are all going to Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, Louisville, Purdue, and even Toledo. We need this pipeline back. I want coach Fick to have every advantage available to him because it is what is best for the BEARCATS. I hate OSU as much as the next UC fan but this year Ohio State's success is UC's gain. So when I say THIS YEAR I am rooting for the Ohio State buckeyes I am not trolling. I am making a logical argument that them having success will be good for the brand new coach and the team I care about. With that said, GO BUCKS!
Nice post Jack!! I can certainly see your logic.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 07:56 AM   #70
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
This makes sense. I don't think anyone is disputing this angle. It's being a full-time Buckeye fan and rubbing it in UC fans' faces on a UC board that got me pissed.

*I think it was closer to 12Q without a TD by the time we got in vs Memphis.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote